Three: The Hospital

Yoshimori walked home after a long night of being a Kekkaishi, when he walked through the door he saw his father waiting for him, but saw no Grandpa or Toshimori, Yoshimori looked at him asking;

“Where is everyone?”

“They’re at the hospital; your sister had to go.”

“Why, what happened?”

Father looked at him with a worried look on his face. “She had a coughing fit and her chest began hurting and she passed out from the pain. So Shige and Toshimori went to the hospital. They’re doing exams right now.”

Yoshimori sat down in his Kekkaishi outfit and sighed, he should’ve been there for her, it was the least he could do. He was so lost in his own thoughts that he didn’t even hear the phone ring; his father got up and answered it.

Yoshimori shook his head out of his thoughts and saw his father hang up the phone and looked at him,

“Lily just got out of the E.R., we need to get over there quickly,” Yoshimori nodded and quickly got out of his outfit and into something comfortable and they quickly left.

~ ღ ~

Yoshimori walked into the room with Shuji following him seeing Lily asleep on the hospital bed, with an I.V., in her right arm, he sat down beside her hoping she will awake soon.

“Are you all family of Lily-Iris?” asked a Doctor walking in, Shuji nodded and looked at him, “Alright, well it’s nothing bad, just a little stress on her body is what caused the chest pain. The blood we still don’t know what’s causing it, we’ll do more research on it to see what she has, but a few days rest should be perfect for her, when she wakes up she can go home.”

With a sigh of relief and while the doctor left, Yoshimori noticed something black on Lily’s wrist, he grabbed it gently and looked at it, it was a weird symbol, it was a separated cross, with a rose in the middle of it. He thought he would ask Grandpa about it later, for now, he’d ignore it and put it down gently. Lily had groaned and opened her brown eyes gently and looked around.

“Where, where am I?” asked the confused girl looking around.

“You’re in the hospital honey,” Shuji answered her, putting a hand on her head; Lily groaned and closed her eyes and opened them again. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m not too sure myself,” Lily answered truthfully, “I either feel like crap or feel good.”

The boys chuckle and she smiles gently, she sat up and pushed the covers off her body. Yoshimori questioned himself that if she knew about the mark and if she did why hasn’t she said anything? Yoshimori shook those thoughts out of his mind while Toshimori, Grandpa and his father walked out, Lily shut the curtain and Yoshimori stayed there making sure she didn’t hurt herself.

“Yoshi…?” She started and he looked up and grunted, letting her know that he was still there, “Am I… Am I bothering anyone when I get sick?”

“No, of course not Lily. Why would you ask such a stupid question?” He asked it in a friendly way. Lily smiled putting on her (or rather, one of Yoshimori’s) t-shirts and a pair of her pants, and opened the curtain when she was done.

“It’s just… I feel like when I get sick like that, I feel so annoying because I…”

Yoshimori shook his head and looked at her with a smile; “Don’t worry, okay? We care about you a lot to let you get away from us,”

Lily smiled and they walked out of the room and saw them awaiting at the doors, Lily grabbed Yoshimori’s hand and started trotting to them. Yoshimori followed behind her, happy that she was once again happy. Though one thing still stole his mind, what was with that mark on her wrist and why does she have it?

~ ღ ~

Yoshimori and Lily walk into the school the next day, she was smiling and Yoshimori, as usual, was tired. Lily smiled at him and continued following him to class, when they got into class, someone grabbed her around the waist and pushed up to where her chest touched her chin.

“Ahh!” Lily freaked out and threw her arms up in the air. Yoshimori looked back seeing her with a freaked out face and arms in the air, the girl behind her rubbing against her cheek and Lily couldn’t do anything.

“Ai, let go of Lily!” Yoshimori scolded the girl loudly putting a hand on his head; the girl looked at him and smirked.

“Why should I Yoshi~ ♥” Ai said in a sickly sweet tone. Lily was almost crying because she didn’t know what to do, “I love her,”

Yoshimori dead-panned and sighed heavily, man oh man, what a pain in the ass. Lily looked to her brother for help. Yoshimori shrugged and then Ai was punched off of Lily and Lily looked up seeing a familiar face and she smiled.

“Mikki, you’re here!” shouted Lily happily, and smiled. Mikki had light brown hair and gorgeous violet eyes, Lily looked up to her, to help her with... Ai.

Mikki nodded and crossed her arms over her chest and stared at the girl about ready to pounce on Lily again, Lily quickly maneuvered to be behind Yoshimori and looked at the lust driven girl. It’s not that Lily didn’t like Ai; she just didn’t like that she was always after her when there were so many other pretty girls to look at.

Lily smiled and held her brother’s shirt gently and looked back feeling something weird, Yoshimori looked at her and watched her every motion she made. This did bother her to no end, but she learned to deal with it.

Yoshimori watched her and smiled gently. This was going to be one interesting day, as usual!