Day Twenty: Picnic

Hello! I would like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE READS AND VOTES! It means so much to me! This has been incredibly challenging to write one one-shot a day, but we're almost there! Tomorrow's one-shot is going to be very, very long, if I can finish it in time. Thank you for all of the support! Now, on to the story! This one-shot is rated teen! Vote and comment if you've enjoyed thanks!                                                                                                                                    -Colorado

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Remind me again why you're freaking out about this?" Marinette asked, pinching the upper part of her nose like she had a headache. 

"Girl! He said that he liked someone with dark hair! And he's good friends with her!" Alya told her excitedly over the phone.

"That could still mean Kagami." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Or it could mean you, Mari!" Alya nearly screamed.

"Alya, look, Adrien Agreste has been friendzoning me since I first met him. Why would he suddenly change his mind?" She asked, smirking a bit.

'Tap, tap, tap.' She heard.

"Well I was hoping you'd answer that!" Alya said as Marinette opened her trapdoor. 

"I don't know! We haven't been hanging out anymore than usual!" Marinette told Alya, exasperated. She turned around and sat on her chaise, expecting her nightly visitor to follow her and demand cuddles, like he always does.

"Are you sure?" Alya asked.

"I'm sure. Adrien and I do hang out, but it's not to the point where I'd suspect he has a crush on me!" She cried. She could've sworn she heard Chat choke behind her and she turned around to see if he was okay.

"I just thought you'd be more excited about this, girl! Adrien might like you!" Alya said. Marinette could barley register her words as she gazed at Chat Noir.

"Alya let me tell you something. I don't have a crush on Adrien Agreste anymore. He'll always be my best friend, and I love him dearly, but I'm in love with someone else. Now, I have to go."

"But wait- Mari!" Marinette hung up the phone and climbed up her bed, sitting down next to Chat.

"What's wrong kitty?" She asked softly. She could tell from how glossy his eyes looked that he had been crying. 

"I-I." He choked out. He looked down and Marinette noticed a red mark on the side of his cheek.

"Chat," she said tentatively. "Where'd you get this mark?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"A-akuma attack." He lied.

"Kitty, the Miraculous Ladybug's would've fixed everything if that was the case." She told him softly, running her hands through his hair. "We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Marinette laid back on the bed and opened her arms, gesturing for him to cuddle with her.

He obliged, wrapping his arms around her back and burying his face in the crook of her neck. He couldn't keep it in anymore and started to sob, holding onto her like a life-line. 

"Shhh." Marinette said softly as she petted his hair. "Why don't you tell me what happened, kitty?" She asked.

"H-he hit me." He chocked out and Marinette gasped.

"Who?" She made no attempt to hide the venom in her voice.

"M-my f-father." Marinett gasped. She thought that maybe he had a run in with a mugger, but no.