Day Twenty-Six: Signs

Hello! So first of all I would like to say thank you for all of the support! It really encourages me to write! I hope everyone is doing well! Vote and comment if you've enjoyed! This one shot is rated teen.                                                                                                                                                                     -Colorado

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wait a second, you want me to do what?" Marinette asked again, unsure if she had heard her best friend correctly.

"I know you heard me the first time girl!" Alya placed her hands on her hips.

"I-it's not that simple." Marinette protested. "It's not like I have his number or something!"

"Well then use catnip!" 

"Catnip, seriously?"

"Look I don't care how you do it, but I want my Marichat!" Alya huffed.

"Your what now?" Marinette did a double-take.

"Marichat. You know it's your guys ship name." Alya told her. Marinette felt heat rush to her cheeks, but she tried to fight it.

"I don't like him." Marinette told Alya through gritted teeth.

"Riiiight, and I'm not the Ladyblogger." Alya rolled her eyes.

"Alya, I'm already torn between two guys! Don't add a third!" Marinette wailed.

"So you admit that Chat Noir is a possible love interest?" Alya asked, smirking.

"W-what? No!" Marinette shrieked it was obvious that she was lying, but Alya knew that bugging her about her hidden feelings wouldn't do a thing.

"If you say so girl. But in all honesty, please? Just this one favor then I'll leave you alone!" Alya practically begged her.

"No! I'm not kissing Chat Noir and that's final!" Marinette exclaimed.

"Look, it doesn't have to be on the lips!" Alya tried to convince her. 

"Alya-."

"Look, I saw how you two were looking at each other last night. He obviously has a thing for you!" Alya cut Marinette off. "I mean, he stopped calling Ladybug M'lady during akuma fights! That's gotta mean something!"

Marinette ignored the pang in her heart as Alya continued to ramble.

"Then, I walk into your room to see you two cuddling!" Marinette rolled her eyes.

"It's Chat Noir, he's an over affectionate child in a teen's body most of the time." Marinette knew that she wouldn't want her partner any other way than the little kitten he is. "He'll bug me if he doesn't get cuddles. It doesn't necessarily mean anything."  Marinette protested, but she could tell Alya wasn't convinced.

"Still, if you kiss him, even if it's on the cheek, you'll be able to see his reaction." Alya told her seriously. "Then you can see if it truly means nothing to him."

"And if it does? How am I supposed to explain me kissing him?"

"Look girl, you came to me asking for advice this morning because I'm the only one besides Ladybug who knows about your's and Chat's 'friendship.'" Marinette decided to ignore the air quotes. "You said that you weren't sure if Chat Noir had feelings for you or not and I offered you a simple solution." 

"You told me to kiss him!"

"Yeah and see his reaction!"

"It'll just make everything awkward." Marinette groaned. Alya laughed and slipped her hand around her best friend's shoulders.