§Fifty-four§

Aaliyah POV
April 26, 2019

As I laid Kendrix in his crib I looked on the table next to it where I left my grandfathers letter to me. I have yet to read it. I wanted to do so once I was alone. Which is right now.

The house has been full of people. Right now it's just me and kendrix alone. Kyle went to get dinner for us two, mama karri is at Kyle's house getting ready to leave back home and my mom had to go back home yesterday.

Khloe actually also had her baby girl a couple days after myself, True Thompson, she's perfect.

We both are just in our houses and plan on going out once the babies are at least a month or two. We keep in contact daily though. I looked at Kendrick making sure he was ok before going to sit on my bed getting ready to open the letter. His crib is in my room for now until I feel ready to have him sleep in his nursery alone.

I opened up the letter.

-
Aaliyah Aaliyah you got this because you had a baby to my understanding. wow. My baby girl all grown up. I remember when you where born your mom was so nervous I mean she was scared SCARED you know how worrisome she is. but you became her pride and joy. you and your brother mean everything to her and our family. when your sperm donor left her she was distraught. You were so small I remember she was so mad and depressed and me and your grandma we were pissed but I knew I had to step up. When you where born I had a connection with you. I mean you were attached at the hip with me. we would take naps and you'd hold on to me to make sure I wouldn't leave. I'm not sure who your baby's father is... I'm hoping it's Kyle I really really like him I mean such a good, respectful gentleman! I really think it's kyle. if not ...oops. I also hope your married... if not you better get married. Aaliyah I know you'll be an amazing mommy. I know you can raise him or her as an amazing little human being. If you have a son, teach him everything you would want in a man for yourself, tell him his great grandpa loves him and to show off that he's Muhammad Ali's great grandson. If you have a girl, guide her through life be strict but be her friend, let her trust you you know hat it's like to be a teenager help her never judge her. Children are not easy. Being a parent is going to have its ups and downs. being a parent to black child comes with a lot of fears and I know your going to cry and go through pains with them like I did with your mom, aunts, uncles, be there for them. No matter what never NEVER turn your back on your children lay. Always remember I'll be looking over them. Give them some freedom. I truly hope I could be there with you to help out but it's not going to be possible. You became like a daughter to me not just my grand baby. I was raising a whole nother baby. you are special Aaliyah. I pray to God to protect you when I can't anymore. If anybody can do this life thing and this mommy thing it's you baby girl it's you. I see life through you. You are so nurturing and caring of others. I mean you take care of me like no other. Better than these nurses. thank you for taking time out of your life to take care of my old sick ass. Aaliyah Alexandra Ali I love you and I know you'll be an amazing mom. Congrats on your baby my chunks!!!

P.s. you're extremely welcome for your Inheritance, stingy whoooo? Not I hahaha ok I'm done my hand getting stiff I love you.
-

I laughed wiping the tears that had fallen from my eyes. I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to read this and know that even in his last days he thought of me.

I put it back in the envelope and made sure it safely and bucket tucked inside the drawer in my side of the bed.

I looked towards kendrix and made my way to him. His tiny body rising up and down as he slept.