Prologue

Staring at the dark sky makes me realise that my life is just as dark, with little to no chance of sunshine. Yes, my life is a little better right now, but for how long? As they say, nothing is permanent, especially happiness. Feeling a tap on my shoulder, I jerk off my thoughts and stare at my namesake husband with confusion. He has never even stepped in my room after marriage, nor has he stood by me voluntarily.

Arnav - Mum said to come down for dinner

After uttering those cold words in his icy cold voice, he goes downstairs leaving me again alone in this room. I get up unwillingly to put on some makeup. it's not to look pretty or anything. It's to hide my black circles or any signs of tears. Oh before I tell my life story, let me introduce myself. My name is Khushi. Just Khushi. I do have a last name and a middle name but the people that gave me the name don't think I deserve that. My last name is Gupta... but my parents wish I wasn't born and my husband who gave me the last name Raizada, wishes I was dead.

Oh, maybe I am going a bit extreme. It's weird how my name and the meaning of my life have no connection because my life has no relationship with happiness.. or very little association with it. Let's start by talking from the point of view of a third person. The media or the world thinks I am the most spoiled and lucky girl. I am the only child of my rich parents which means they buy me whatever I want. If I were to ask them for a private jet then the next day, I would get it. What else? Oh yeah, I married my 'childhood sweetheart.' The guy I have 'liked' since I was a child. My life can't be any more perfect according to the world, however, let me tell you what they don't know.

My parents regret the moment I was born. They wanted an heir to their business. A BOY, however, I was born. Due to complicated reasons, my mother couldn't give birth to another child so they were stuck with me. My parents never failed to show me how I mean nothing to them. They would show to the world that I am their most precious gift, however, between 2 doors, if they had to choose between me and money then money would be their first call. I had honestly hoped that the guy I married would be different to this. I wanted a guy who would show me how much I am worth. He would never make me question whether I deserve love or not. But I was wrong... he is worse than my own parents. At least, my parents showed their true colours to me ever since I was born, my 'husband,' showed me his true colours only after marriage. I wonder when someone will care about my happiness.

Do input your views on this story.