9.

The king was seated at the head of a very large table, with chairs on each side of the Table. Seated, Fletcher noticed, were; His mother, Lady Forsyth, Lady Faversham, Lord Saladin, Lady Rosenthal, the man who had ordered them in. And lastly, high Elves and Dwarves seated in a table next to them.

'You will be seated in pairs as I call your name, Please do remember the number that I call you with.' Said the same man and he Motioned towards the dark black chairs.

So, he started;

'one and two, Fletcher Raleigh and Malik Saladin.' The pair sat down quietly next to Captain Rosenthal whose smile was the only sign of recognition that she showed.

'Three and Four, Isadora and Tarquin Forsyth' lady Forsyth put her arms out, welcoming her kids.

'Five and Six, Sylva Arkenia and Othello Thorsager.' The table of Elves and dwarves grunted their approval.

'Seven and Eight, Seraph Pasha and cress Freya.' The paid hurried to the table

'Nine and Ten, Didric Cavell and Verity Faversham.' Didric grunted and hurried to the table, followed by Verity who kept her head down but eyes exploring.

'lastly, 11 and 12, Penelope Colt and Atlas.' The man finished his counting and the pair sat down in the not so quiet room. The nobles were all chatting amongst each other when seeing the arrangement. The group of teens looked around confused and expectantly as if waiting for something or someone to enter.

'Enough chatting' Boomed the voice, 'His majesty will speak now.'

All eyes turned towards the King whose eyes pinned every single person in the room to their seats. He stood up with practiced ease.

'We have an idea, however it might get each one of you twelve killed, if it works, it will give us the upper hand and possible end the war against the orcs. You twelve once entered the orc territory and came back to tell the story. However, you were merely graduated students, if we gave you all special training, imagine what you could accomplish for Homminum. I'm talking about physical, Demon and mental training, to give us that edge against the orcs.' Said the king as he looked around the room at all the young faces looking at him expectantly.

'Additionally, apart from the honour, each participant will get heavily rewarded towards their families, each family will receive five Golden coins.'

The words slammed into each and every single one of the people gathered around. Five golden coins were more than enough to not work for the rest of your life and still live like the rich commoners. At the words Tarquin and Isadora ran to their mother. The trio started talking and talking about things that the average person could not hear. The room broke into chatter as each family discussed.

'Once you make up your mind, make your way towards the king and into a separate chamber as he will discuss everything about this mission. From what your numbers mean to what your duties will be. All highly confidential.'

The group of young summoners quickly split into two as per usual, Tarquin and Isadora being followed by Didric and Atlas, while the rest approached Fletcher and Malik expectantly.

'Well, what are we going to do now?' asked Othello who rested his hands on his hips.

Before anyone could reply, the parents and lady Rosenthal Approached them, worry in their eyes. Uhtred was the first to speak;

'I'm sorry but I will not lose yet another son. Othello you cannot.'

'Actually father, I must. I must avenge Atilla for what those monsters did to him. I will not take a no for an answer.'