4

'We need to talk' said Alice in a whisper. She pointed as Fletcher as in to follow her.

Fletcher was very confused as to what was happening and opted to follow his mother. They walked quickly past the servant's quarters, kitchen, and all of the mansion until they finally arrived in front of a white wall. Fletcher looked up expectantly, waiting to see what his mother's next move was going to be.

Alice looked at him with concern written all over her features, hesitantly, she pressed down on a hole in the wall. In response, the wall split into two and slid backwards, revealing a small dark room. Fletcher inspected the room, amazed by what was inside, there were books on his family history. From him grandparent's history, to the history of Raleigh shire, however, what caught his eye was the painting hanging on top of it all, he recognised his mother, father, however, there were five figures who he did not recognise.

'Those were your grandparents Fletcher, Edmund's parents, and mine. Your grandfather painted this as soon as he heard of my pregnancy, he was the most excited one to meet both of you. Until his age got to him' replied Alice as tears started to fill her eyes.

'Both of us?' asked fletcher with a puzzled expression written all over his face.

'Maybe no one told you this fletcher but... The Queensouth's have always had twins, usually a male and a female.' Alice started as fletchers face stared back, understanding falling on his like a heavy rock. 'Your twin sister, she is currently somewhere down in Antioch, Reynard, managed to put her in a carriage before him and Edmund were killed.' Alice stopped, catching her breath for a few seconds. 'I need to find my daughter and get my family back together' Finished Alice, determination dripping from her previous words. 'Get ready, we leave for Antioch after your lessons. I have already informed the Saladin's of our arrival tomorrow' Finished Alice, leaving any trace of a broken woman behind.

However, Fletcher was no longer paying attention as his mind raced to understand how another person is probably trying to find their parent in a place where they never were. Fletcher suddenly felt guilty, for not looking more into his past. Now, in a matter of minutes, he had a sister, and a new person to protect.

Fletcher headed back to his room in a sprint, too stunned to think of any questions for his mother.

...

Fletcher woke up to the sound of Angeline's voice.

'Time for our lesson, I'll be waiting downstairs, don't take long'
Fletcher headed to the kitchen, oblivious to it all as his head still couldn't understand it properly. A sister? In Antioch, The Saladin's hometown.

The lesson passed in a blur until Alice spoke again

'Wait, we must convince her that she is a summoner' said Alice. 'Fletcher, go get Genevieve, we are going hunting.'

By the time Genevieve and Fletcher came back, Alice was mid summoning Elaine, with the flash of blue and violet light Elaine emerged, big as a wolf, she looked expectantly at her master. Alice then grabbed something from behind a shelf, revealing the Raleigh's Leather pentacle for access to the ether.

Alice looked expectantly as she came close to both Genevieve and Fletcher. 'Here we go'

She slowly but surely started to power up the pentacle the flow of mana opening the portal and keeping it steady, suddenly Elaine stater moving toward the pentacle only to be stopped by Athena. 'Athena's vision will help us find a demon from the air while Elaine searches from the bottom. We can't waste time' finished Fletcher as he strapped him scrying stone only his eye. Athena's view was clear as ever, showing the Ether in detail, the greenland of the Ether was a sight that Fletcher did not miss. A sharp thought from Athena dragged fletcher away from his thoughts. Right below them, seem's like a Hippalectryon and a migrating Hippogriffs were in the middle of a fight as they slashed at each other with their beaks. The Hippalectryon had a red and green blend of fur and plumage culminates in a fan of bright tail feathers while the hippogriff hybrid of eagle and horse with the deadly talons and beak of the eagle on its front legs and the horse like body shape and hind legs.

Athena noticed how Elaine was hiding under a bush, waiting for her chance to strike the winner. The hippalectryon suddenly started running towards the portal, disregarding the hippogriff, and leaving it behind due to its massive speed on the ground. Realization fell over Fletcher and he summoned Ignatius as fast as he could. The Drake appeared with a roar, stopping the hippalectryon dead in its tracks. Ignatius grabbed it by the neck after a little wrestling, however, the creature was no match for the drake and was quickly pinned down. Genevieve stared at the creature with hopeful eyes. Meanwhile, Elaine jumped from her hiding spot, slashing at the hippogriff's neck, although two levels higher than Elaine, the hippogriff was both damaged by the past fight, and the vulpid was known for its agility, even among demons.

'Is it okay if I take it?' asked Genevieve before she could stop herself.

'If you help us catch another one' Was Alice's only reply.

Genevieve did not need any more invitations, she set down her harnessing matt and started to focus onto the Hippalectryon. Blue and violet light shining all over. Finally, the Hippogriff gave up and started being dragged towards the portal where a very excited Alice was waiting. After harnessing the demons both Alice and Genevieve were beyond exhausted. Genevieve's new demon is named Rory.

They rested for approximately 5 minutes before informing Genevieve of their future absence for at least the next week and thus to take control of the border along with Kobe. Finally, Alice infused Elaine and summoned the hippogriff, aka Expire. Fletcher waits impatiently as Alice strengthened her bond the same way as she had done some days before with Elaine. Expire stared at them for a while, it's round black eyes gazing at them, not missing out anything, nearly as good as Athena's but not quite.

Both Alice and Fletcher mounted their demons and finally, Alice took off followed by Fletcher and Athena. The hippogriff although a little smaller than the Griffin itself, flew just as fast, excitement flashed through Ignatius' conscience as he began to accelerate seeing this as a race. They made their way up, and fast, stopping once along the way at Vocans Academy, watching as the whole building prepared itself for the commoner's arrival for the year.

'How will you know which one she is?' Asked fletcher a little concerned
'Well when I left her' Alice said and looked like she was about to start crying again 'I wrapped a necklace with the letter R around her neck, hopeful that one day I could find her, and tomorrow happens to be that day, so lets hope she didn't take it off' was Alice's reply as they watched Expire play with Ignatius while Athena scanned the area weary of any dangers. Hope.

They strode towards the building, exchanging quick smiles with a servant every now and then, but not all. Some people in Homminum Still supported the Forsyth and Rook families even after they exposed the truth about the attack. The Raleigh and Pasha families were hated by those. They kept going in until they found a room, to plan the plan.

'The triumvirate should be going around towns, testing commoners, however, they won't test the orphans which are both good and bad as we will have to test them ourselves, see if we can find one that looks similar to you. With luck, she will be wearing the Amulet I gave her. However, that is plan B. There is a chance that she was adopted like you were so we might also have to go door to door across the village, which is where the Saladin's come in. They will give us the address of families which have adopted daughters with them.' Finished Alice before closing her eyes giving their demons a couple of minutes before take-off.

Fletcher contemplated the plan, if things went well, they would be back by the end of the week, if not they would see.