/52/ He gave her something. /

Louise leaned against the wall and held her arms uneasily. They were at the patio because Art just asked her if they can talk in private, as soon as the games ended.

"I'm sorry it was sudden," he said, while removing the case of his acoustic guitar.

Louise looked at his guitar and then to him, as if asking, "What are you doing right now?"

He chuckled.

"You said you haven't received a serenade. I also haven't given a serenade. I happened to be ready for that today," he explained, as he sat comfortably on the terrace and leaned his body against the post.

"Art..." she muttered softly with a worried face, and with both her hands on her nape.

She looks so worried. Looks like I'm I really gonna get dumped soon.

"Chill. Don't get pressured or anything. I made this song for you just this week. So... just listen," he smiled at her as he readied for a song. She smiled back, as if to give him a go signal.

[We met quite a long time back
I can still remember
You walking with a neon jacket
As if you didn't care]

[You then looked at me and smiled
And of course I smiled back
My eyes followed your swaying hair
As if I'm hynotized]

[At this point when I've realized
We've been together for so long
Yet there's still some gap between us
So I decided to close that gap 'coz...]

He just finished the verses and refrain, and was entering in the chorus part, when his gaze went to her face. She seems to be fighting the urge to cry, as she listened to him with closed eyes. He wanted to console her, but instead, continued.

[You have always been there
Sitting next to me
Standing next to me]

[I have always been there
Sitting right next to you
Standing right next to you]

He stopped strumming after feeling that his sleeves were being tugged by Louise, with a tear-stricken face, shaking her head as if saying, "that's enough". It wasn't long after he realized what she meant with all her actions.

I guess I'm indeed dumped, he muttered to himself, feeling downcasted.

He was the closest possible person who's got first row seats, witnessing how she and Eric were in the past years until now. He just tried his best, his very best, on fighting for her even if fate seemed to be so against it. At least now, he knows he did everything he could before giving her up.

Well, I did expect this.

"Let me finish, Lou. I still have the adlib," he requested softly from her, which she responded by continuously nodding, after understanding his grief.

I did wish... that I wouldn't have to sing this part, though, he thought in sorrow.

[And I know
That despite this song
Despite all we've been through
There's always that one other man
Standing right next to you
Sitting right next to you
Way before I've been with you]

At this point, Louise now wailed in a cry and then flung her arms around his neck as she cried.

[So go fly
I did tell you, right?
I'd do everything
If it's you.]

He smiled and stopped strumming as he consoled her by softly rubbing her shoulders.