/37/ He's dead set on it. /

He closed the car's door behind him and leaned his back on it. They were at a famous area in the capital, where people normally watch sunset or jog during weekends. The other side of the road is a sea and beside the long stretch are combined ports, restaurants and landmarks.

He looked at her when she went to the metal railings that separate the sea and the crosswalk. Slowly, he traced her steps, and leaned forward on the railings beside her.

"How was your trip?" he asked.

She looked at him, after putting her own crossed arms around the railings.

"It was fun. I bought lots of... stuff. Oh, remind me to give you a box of Tokyo Banana. I promised you that one before right? Because Robin took your share before," she said, smiling.

He smiled back, and mumbled, "Thanks."

He looked around the area. The other people around them didn't care about them and were busy on chatting with their own companions. It definitely looked like his disguise was working.

He took a deep breath, and looked at her direction.

"Eric told me that he confessed to you," he blurted out.

She looked surprised at first, as if she was thinking when did Eric and him had a chance to talk about that, and then probably remembered about her toilet break.

Her cheeks flushed a bit, as she responded, "Yeah. Both of you might have conspired to attack me this week."

He sniggered, and looked at his wrist watch to check the time. It is 11:25PM.

"Well, I don't know about him, but I'm dead set on pushing this through, Lou. It took all of me to finally do this. You know how meticulous I am – I am not the type to do things spontaneously."

She smiled awkwardly and nodded, as if to show him that she understands.

He then whirled around and leaned back on the railings instead, and rested his elbows there.

"Soo... I did tell you I'll explain myself," he mused, while looking at the sky.

"Yup," she replied hesitantly. She looked at her right immediately after, which made him unable to see her face.

Sighing, he muttered, "Where do I even begin with this?"

I'll just go straight to the point.

He stood up properly and leaned on the railings, and placed his hands on his pant's pockets.

"I've been in love with you for about a decade now, Lou," he confessed, while still looking at the sky.

Louise jolted and looked at him in shock.