/29/ She's doomed. /

She immediately washed her face as soon as she entered the bathroom. She tried to get her travel face wash from her toiletry bag, but stopped when she can't find it there. Puzzled, she stared at the toiletry bag.

My bag's not gray. Mine's navy blue, she murmured.

Actually, where's mine?

As she scanned her eyes around the bathroom, a 'possibility' finally struck her head.

Rushing outside, she opened the dresser and found out that it was empty. She looked around and noticed Eric's luggage bag on the floor. She hurriedly went to the shoe rack, and noticed that only Eric's rubber shoes was there.

That was enough for her to confirm the 'possibility'. She felt her knees losing strength because of her realization and ended up sitting on the floor.

I'm actually at Eric's room!

Just before she can recover, her phone rang. Still in a state of shock, she looked at the name of the caller.

She gasped when it showed "Art".

It's Art this time? What do I do now?

Panicking, she combed her hair with her hands, and pressed the green button to answer the call.

"Hello," she answered, trying to be as calm as possible.

"Hello, Lou. How are you? Did you sleep well?" Art asked on the other line.

And he really have to ask about my sleep at this timing.

"Urhm, yup. I did. Uhh... You?"

She heard him sigh. "So-so. I called to ask what time you'll be back tomorrow," he replied, as if he's in a hurry.

Huh. "I think around 10PM?"

"10PM. Okay. I think that works. Can I fetch you?"

Caught off guard, she pursed her lips.

Oh, my.

Art seemed to feel her hesitation and continued, "I'm sorry. Was I rushing? Right, you might also feel too tired then—"

"We'll probably get out by around 11PM. Is 11PM okay? I feel like you're moving your schedule for me so I'm feeling a bit guilty—"

"11's fine. I'll be there by 10:30 to be sure", he interrupted quickly.

She bit her lip anxiously.

"You don't have to worry, Lou. I'm not asking for an answer — at least not yet. I just want to properly explain, and apologize. I have a flight around 5AM on Saturday, and I'll come back on Sunday night. I feel like, I just feel like... for some gut feeling, I should not extend my explanation," he explained.

He seems really worried.

"Got it. I agree... We do need to talk. I'm also doing my own thinking on this. I really am not sure I quite understand what's happening," she admitted with a worried voice.

With you... And now, Eric, too.

"I know, Lou. See you, tomorrow then. I've got to go, I'm next. Take care," he responded softly.

Next? Next to what? she wondered.

"Take care, too."

She sighed as he turned off her phone.

Even his way of talking feels like he's still singing. His voice is really... how do you call it. Enchanting?

She stood slowly and lazily sat on the bed, while glancing at the clock. It's already 11:15AM. Her eyes moved further beside the clock and saw the hotel's notepad there with some writing.

She remembered hearing Eric writing something, so she got up and picked the notepad and sat back again. It was obviously his handwriting with all the small, but neat, edgy letters.

[Hey, honey.]

Her cheeks flushed at the first sentence.

Seriously, what's with me?

[I know you so well, that I'm sure you're crazy panicking right now, after realizing you're in my room.]

Pfft.

[Blame your alcoholic tendencies. Don't worry, my body's safe from all your sexual harrassment attempts.]

She burst out laughing. Just that one line was enough to clear all her worries.

[I'll explain all your sins later, in extreme detail.]

She did a face palm and at the same time, cursed all the beers she drank last night.

[I left my room keys beside this note. Get your spare ones in the lobby. Wait for my call. I'll be out by 6.]

Sighing, she looked back at the bedside table and confirmed the keys were there. She then noticed there was still one more line left in the message.

[P.S. Don't forget my 'KEYS'.]

She went beet red when something popped in her mind, related to that last line. She went even redder when, apart from that, she realized it has double meaning.

Damn you, Eric.