Chapter Seven the beginning of something different

I was shivering.  The fear of being trapped against a wall wasn’t the best feeling I had; my heart begins to beat slowly and erratically at first, my eyes begin to burn in their sockets and a lump rises in my throat. I want to be somewhere in the light  and safe, my whole face and body begins to twitch and jolt and I just want to get out of here - away from all the rubble and the darkness . The intense fear fires through me and I feel my heart beating fast but at a steadier pace. I want to get out of here.

“Ana?” I couldn’t even register Nikola’s voice “Ana I need you to calm down.”

It was becoming harder and harder to keep calm and my claustrophobia was making this situation harder for both of us. It was becoming a difficult strain on Nikola because he was trying not to change and harm me.

A few hours had passed and I felt the rubble shift above us, I moved to stand by Nikola ready to attack in case it was the enemy but it wasn’t.

“Sorry we are late, hard to find you both when you’re buried under the rubble.” It was Dr Magnus’s voice we had heard and my other guess was John was with her moving the rubble to get us out of the trap. As soon as a passage was out I saw the pair of them and the sunlight.

“Are you both alright?”  I heard her ask as soon as we were out.

I nodded and checked my side again, it had healed but it was scarring. Nikola was talking to Helen and john and that was when I felt the cold shudder down my  spine and then it happened all too quickly.

Alistair’s hand was around my waist in a matter of seconds before I could even register what in the world was going on. I kicked and wriggled to get free but the next thing I did register was the cold metal of his knife at my neck. I could see Nikola’s eyes turn black and I knew he was ready to kill, Helen and John were eager to do the same but I could see the hesitance in Helen’s eyes as she knew this was a fight they couldn’t win.

Not against the ‘Picasso with a knife’ anyways…

The knife trailed my cheek and I winced as I knew it was the sharpest blade he had, I felt the tears drip down my face and I was wishing that it would end.

“No. Alastair, please. No, no—“

I was fighting two battles one of my heart and my mind, Alastair knew where to push buttons and how to make me feel afraid. I was trying to  be brave but I knew my barriers were breaking fast.

“Being so polite all of a sudden Ana?”  He asked smirking “Very nice. I do appreciate that.”

Out of nowhere a bright light encased my body, I felt my body change rapidly and I knew what was going on. My Shadowy black wings extended and feathers coated my body and there I stood.  The raven of hope…

Alistair had also changed into a wolf and we went tooth to talon with each other I ended up giving more damage than receiving it and before he ran off tail between his legs he turned and faced me.

“Don’t think this is over Ana,” he spoke with a snarl in wolf voice “I will be back and I won’t be weaker than this” he turned and sprinted off

“Well that was interesting” I heard John say I shook my head and changed back knowing this isn’t going to be over between us. I said nothing and walked off my mood turning as I did so this was the beginning of something different and I knew this was going to be a fight to the end.