Chapter 34: Clear as Glass

Author's Note: A quick warning for some blood, but since you're already read through this book (I'm assuming, since... you're here in Chapter 34) anyway, I doubt I'd need to say.

Also, I got permission to share art that a friend of mine, TheKewtCorgi, made of Pisces! I absolutely love it, especially the pose and how the violin and hands turned out. Also, I really like the expression too! Pisces looks amazing in her style and I'm really excited to see art of her!! (Thank you so much for drawing her, once again!)

 Also, I really like the expression too! Pisces looks amazing in her style and I'm really excited to see art of her!! (Thank you so much for drawing her, once again!)

-x-x-x-

In retrospect, Taurus didn't know why he agreed so quickly.

He wasn't one for rash decisions or, well, anything of the sort. In fact, he even considered himself one of the more rational members of the Zodiacs; so why had he agreed to Leo's request so quickly?

It's because –

Taurus skidded down the final few steps and looked around.

It's because you feel a kinship with him. The voice in his head said quietly. For all of the Zodiacs. You feel you need to help... in the way that we helped you. A sort of... homage to us, let's say.

He gave a start.

...we?

The little voice in his head didn't reply; or maybe, most likely, his subconscious was too startled by his own thoughts to reply... Ha, that's funny.

He let loose a long breath.

But what you said is right. Fighting... that's the one thing you can do. He reminded himself as he looked around. To his left was the entrance he had entered through – to his surprise, there was a man there. A guard, most likely. Where was he when we entered this place?

The guard turned his head. Taurus quickly turned around and hurried down the tunnel to his right before they could see, clutching Leo's cloak and axe to his chest.

A horn blared again.

There's no time.

There was an open door to his right. Inside; ornamental lances and spears. Must be a supply closet. There were more doors that looked like this one; he took a guess and pushed another one open. He must've gotten lucky, because it was lined with racks of armour that appeared to cover most of the body. He stepped inside, catching sight of one that appeared his size, and tossed Leo's cloak and axe to the floor to remove his own armour – meagre compared to the ornamental knight's garb to his right.

He unbuckled his shoulderplates and pulled off the sturdy metal chestplate. After a moment of consideration, he hung them on the rack – he doubted anybody would steal them, seeing it was worn down and practically in tatters compared to the pristine knight's armour right next to it – and quickly tugged off the rest of his armour.