Chapter 25: An Unusual Exchange

Author's Note: Thank you so much to Ledgisimo (again!) for drawing Leo Solveig and of course, his trademark (non-canon) sparkles! This looks absolutely amazing and I love it so much

Author's Note: Thank you so much to Ledgisimo (again!) for drawing Leo Solveig and of course, his trademark (non-canon) sparkles! This looks absolutely amazing and I love it so much. The detail in the armour – the shading, especially – looks great and I just love this so much! (Makes me feel bad for what I'm putting him through right now... but hey, that's how characters grow!)

If you haven't already, make sure to check out their art at artillerytortoise on Tumblr as well! (Their art is great; do check it out if you haven't already!) They also write a book on Wattpad (I think I've said this multiple times on previous chapters, so I'm not going to make this too long; but do check it out if you're interested!) Anyway, thank you once again to them for drawing Leo and supporting Daybreak's Crest!

This chapter is a whole load of text (well, aren't they all? I meant, text as in... 'boring' text). I hope you don't find it too boring, but I promise I'll make up for it next chapter. At least, I hope so. Also, I wanted to point out I've posted the Requests page on my Spam Book for the 100 follower celebration in case you guys want to request Zodiac art of either characters from my books, or characters from your books. (Read the rules on the page for more info!) Thank you for the support, everyone!

-x-x-x-

Aquarius sat at the edge of Libra's bed, scowling to herself. Not even the fragrant scent of the bedsheets (was that rose? Aquarius had never been good at flowers) could rouse her from her current bad mood. However, something about sitting and listening to the peaceful snoring from the young ex-prince reminded Aquarius of her life back in the Auraidorian castle; waiting patiently for Prince Libra to awaken, if it were a weekend, or – in most cases – shaking him awake in time for breakfast.

While her memories of her past – abandoned as a child and being left to wither away in an adoption center, believing to have found a home when those two nobles approached her and said 'We want to take you to your new home' – only to become an outcast in her adopted family for 'not being the lady they wanted her to be' (or, in short, not changing herself to be who they wanted her to be), and then being sold like an object or a pretty possession to the Auraidorian King and Queen to be a concubine, a soldier; whatever they desired – were most definitely... not the best, by any means, Aquarius found a sense of peace wading through her more recent memories.

Her first memory of Prince Libra – a boy that couldn't have been older than she was – was when her 'family' dragged her the Auraidorian castle. Aquarius had long given up hope; after fighting, kicking and screaming, then standing her ground and failing, there was nothing else that could truly wound her so than believing that she finally had a family and loving parents – only for all of that to be snatched away like a fleeting dream. Aquarius's long, dusty purple hair had been done up, the top pulled tight into a simple bun while the rest hung limp over her shoulders (glossy and fragrant from all the soaps the maids had put her through, but the beauty of the lustrous sheen was lost with Aquarius's hope). She had been waiting sullenly, her head down and pinned down by the two royals' judgemental gazes.