Chapter 32

Feyre's pov.:

My eyes slowly fluttered open and it took me a second to realize where I was. Red and gold light streamed through my mates' wings which were wrapped around me. I turned my head and quietly shifted my body to look at Rhys, still in deep sleep. I admired his beauty, the way the light reflected off of his cheekbones, the way his dark lashes rested over his eyes, the way he breathed. In out, in out. I was alive, I was with Rhys, with my family. I felt a small tug then, the tether between me and Gawain, my baby boy. I slowly and quietly wiggled out of bed, careful not to wake Rhys. What he went through to get me I didn't want to know, if he was still sleeping this deeply, it must have worn him out so extensively.

I padded down the hall, feet bare but still in my clothes from the battle, I cringed but changing could wait. I needed to see my boy. How long had I been away? I prayed it wasn't long, and as I glanced out of one of the windows to see Velaris still settling in, I realized it must have only been a couple of days; I sent a silent thanks to the Cauldron. I gently opened G's door to find him standing in his crib, arms on the railings and legs bouncing up and down. "Mama Mama" he cried out, little hands reaching for me. "Hi my big boy" I reached into his crib and lifted him up into my arms, showering him in kisses. "Oof you are getting so big. Did you behave well while I was gone?" He mumbled some incoherent words and I smiled at him. My stomach rumbled and it was only then I realized I hadn't eaten in.... when was the last time I ate? The morning of the battle? It felt so long ago already.

G in my arms, I walked downstairs, hopefully to get something for myself in the kitchen, and surprise Rhys in bed with a tray of his own. I reached the last step before I heard talking in the dinning room. My family was there and when they saw me come down with G, they all froze, even Amren. And while she didn't scramble out of her chair like the others, she still gave me a small knowing smile and looked right to the mark under my skin, as if she could see what now lurked deep in my skin. What I had yet to admit to my myself yet after escaping the darkness I was in. But even she got up and came over to where now Mor and Cassian were hugging me and telling me how stupid it was to do what I did but that they missed me. "You scared the hell out of us Feyre" Az said behind Cassian. "I know" I said, "I'm sorry." "Don't be sorry girl" Amren said as she walked up to us and gave me a nod. As much as she would show that she's happy to see me. "Just tell us next time you feel like sacrificing yourself and maybe we can help." "I could have said the same to you" I retorted back. I felt the others tense but she just held my stare, her eyes swirling with inky grey, as much power as she was left with after the war, but she smirked "Indeed", and the others relaxed.

I changed the subject, "I'm starving what's for breakfast". "Its two o'clock in the afternoon" Mor replied, a hand waving to the clock on the far wall. "Oh" I said sitting down in a chair, G bouncing on my leg. "How long have I- ""two days after you disappeared and 36 hours since we rescued you so three and a half days." Cassian replied with a snort, "Honestly, I don't even think I have ever slept for that long." I smiled at that and piled food on my plate, digging in. They updated me on what I missed when I was gone. The progress with the city, the utter quietness with the dark monsters and the rebels. I didn't dare open my mouth to tell them my theory on the former. I asked about my sisters who they informed me were good and coming soon. Elain was finishing up at a volunteer shelter and Nesta was running some errands. G I learned was taken care of by all my family in turns, I thanked them profusely for that. What would have happened to him If I didn't have my family? I didn't let myself think about that for too long. Az also told me what happened at my rescue, how the females saved me together, the power that came from G, how they have seen nothing from him since, he told me about Rhys too but skipped over some details telling me it was probably better if I talked with him. I nodded and made a note to wake him up soon, as much as I would wish I could let him sleep in we had things to do. We were the High lord and High Lady of the Night court and even though we were exhausted we didn't have the luxury of sleeping for two days straight. As if he had heard me Rhys walked down the stairs and took us in, took me in, his eyes roaming over me so slowly, took in G on my lap and smiled. He walked over and planted a kiss to my head and G's before sitting down next to me, piling food onto his own plate that appeared from the pocket realm. My family and I continued our conversation laughing as if things were back to normal. But it wasn't, we all had that look behind our eyes, all stopped and looked around at the silence after a laugh.