Chapter 6

Present:

Rhys kisses my lips and pulled me tighter as if he too remembered those moments. It wasn't long before we reached the house of wind. Landing on the balcony, Rhys set me down and we walked in to find my sisters, Armen, Mor, Azriel, and Cassian all dining on what I assume was lunch.

Nesta has come back from the Illyrian camps healed. Or close to it. As much as the rest of us now, I guess. We were all healing together and hopefully with this baby...... hopefully it would help.

They all paused when they saw me, eyes swarming over me before shifting to Rhys for confirmation I was ok. Seeing me walk seemed to already comfort something in them. Not just their high lady, but family too.

They stood and walked over to us where we stopped in the middle of the room. "We have an announcement." Rhys said to them and then looked at me.

Are you ready?

Yes, I replied. Nodding.

The others picking up on the conversation we were silently having.

I turned to them. My friends, my family. "I'm pregnant" I breathed still not quite believing it. Rhys squeezed my hand and the others all stood there. Shocked, including Amren. But she was the first to reply.

Her lips curved into that small smile and said "congratulations". And she walked to us. Rhys stiffened but not because Amren was a threat but because me being pregnant made him on edge, he told me this morning. Just like when we first mated, even among our family. I told him that I understood.

But Amren stopped before me, eyes sliding to my stomach before rising to my own. "May I?" She asked. I nodded and she laid a hand over my stomach, light flaring beneath her hand. Her magic tickled. Rhys took as step closer and I couldn't help but smile when I sent him a message that had him relaxing.

Illyrian baby

Amren's magic stopped and she smiled to us before saying "powerful indeed." And strode back. My hand drifted to my stomach at those words. The threats he would face.

Mor squealed and ran over to me along with Nesta and Elain. Tears streaming down their faces as they enveloped me in a hug forcing me to let go of Rhys hand. He strode over to Azriel and Cassian who were smiling larger than I had ever seen them and embraced them, patting Rhys on the back. I could here them tease him and even heard Az asking them to pay up. Did they really bet on who would have a child first?

Pricks I said into all of their minds and they turned to face me. Brows raised but laughter coating their lips. When my sisters finally let go of me after I complained of not being able to breathe (an exaggeration Rhys did not like) Cassian and Azriel came over and I let out a little squeak when Cassian picked me up and spun me in circles.

I batted at his chest, hand traveling to my mouth as I rasped out "you're going to make me hurl on you" and he quickly let me go, setting me gently on the floor and pressed a kiss to my head. Azriel was the last to embrace me.

But it may have been the best of all as he gave me hug and whispered into my ear "till I die Feyre, I will protect your baby." And tears slid out of my eyes and he finally pulled back to stand with the others. Rhys hands found mine again as the others bowed their heads and murmured "as will we."

And I think my heart broke a little at those words. At my family pledging themselves to protect my baby not out of duty to their future high lord, but out of love. Those were tears shining in Rhys's eyes as well.

We all ate lunch together after that. Laughing and arguing as if nothing had changed. My plate thankfully contained no meat, as neither of the others did. They complained and whined but when I explained how it made me sick their grumbles quieted.

I sent down the bond.

In nine months, our whole lives are going to change. Including theirs.

It wasn't a complaint, but a promise to a better future. Rhys replied

Together

And I sent my agreement down the bond as I began to absorb this new world we were preparing for. 

~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Hope you liked it and that it satisfied your wishes. I'll be going on break for Christmas but I'll hopefully have a new chapter up when I come back from vacation. Can we also take a moment to appreciate all the amazing fan art we make?
-S