Chapter 4

I looked up into Rhys eyes and found him already studying me. His face was filled with such worry but such hope for what might be revealed.

"I'm ok" I said hoping to relieve him of his stress. "It doesn't hurt anymore" and though it didn't disappear completely, his face seemed to relax at those words.

"May I?" He said gesturing to the bed. The fact that he even asked...

"Of course," I replied without any hesitation. "Always" and he nodded at the hidden message in the words before slipping into bed next to me placing me in his lap.

Rhys placed a hand on my stomach and kissed it. Once. Twice. "If you are pregnant Feyre....are you ready? I mean... is it something you truly want? Because saying it is one thing and actually- "I stopped him with my lips on his and after a couple seconds when I pulled away, I placed a hand into his cheek.

"I could wish for nothing more than to bring a new life into this world with you Rhys. And if I am pregnant" I said placing another hand on top of his where it laid on my stomach "then we'll figure it out together. But if I'm not," pain crossed his eyes. "Then we'll figure this out, whatever this is. Because I'm not leaving you, ever."

He kissed my palms, once, twice. "I love you Feyre, so so much." My eyes burned as I leaned in and whispered into his ear. "Your mine." I growled and kissed him. He returned the kiss with hard passion and need and if I wasn't in this state, I had no doubt this would lead somewhere else.

You're mine

I said again in his head and he snapped. "You're mine Feyre. I am never leaving you either. Together."

He broke the kiss resting his forehead against mine. Minutes, hours could have passed by like this and I couldn't have cared. "I guess" he whispered, "we should see what the stone says."

"Would I be a coward to say I'm scared?" I asked. "No." He said with such gentleness and understanding in his voice. "Never. I'm scared too. But not for what it could mean, but for you. I don't like seeing you in pain Feyre. I could feel some of what you felt through the bond, I tried to take some away from you and into me but I couldn't and it was so strong Feyre, it was so much and... and I'm scared that we won't be good parents, that our baby will grow up to resent us."

My eyes burned with tears and he kissed them away, just like under the mountain. "I know" I replied. "I'm scared for our baby too. What it will have to face. But one thing I'm not scared about...... one thing I know for certain Rhys is that if it's true. If we are with a child, then that baby will grow up with so much love not just from us but from the rest of our family. And you Rhys, you will be the greatest father this world has ever known."

He nodded, a smile on his lips before he replied, "and you Feyre darling, will be the greatest of all mothers." He finished the rest of his sentence in my mind:

Together?

Together. I replied.

And I wish I painted it. Wish I could capture the moment the high lord and high lady of the night court looked down into a bright clear stone.

~~~~~~~~
Hello loves! Hope you liked it! What do you think the inner circles reaction will be?
-S