Chapter 2

FEYRE? Are you ok?

But I couldn't reply, it hurt too bad.

I let out a tiny noise of despair as I dropped my glass bowl causing it shatter on the ground and grabbed my stomach. I wavered on my feet falling back, back, back.... but strong hands caught me as I slid to the floor.

I laid in Rhys lap, he most likely winnowed to catch me in time. My family was out of their seats already to see what had happened. But their movements barely registered to me as I tossed and turned in Rhys Lap moaning of pain and clutching my stomach. I think a tear escaped my eye.

"Feyre what's wrong? Tell me what hurts"

but I couldn't form words. Cassian let out a stream of curses that had Rhys growling. Then a pair of soft hands landed on my forehead I turned to peer into Mors face.

"I...."

She scrunched her brows.

"It's not poison"

she confirmed with whatever power she possessed.

"Then what is it" Rhys growled becoming agitated.

I grasped his hands and he held onto me tightly.

"Az, fetch Madja".

He only nodded before vanishing. The pain wavered enough that I stopped thrashing. I buried my head into the crook of Rhys neck and let silent tears slip out.

"Shuuu" he murmured into my hair. "Breathe darling." A pause. "I'm taking her to our room. Check the wards" Rhys said to the others. I didn't see if they obeyed before he winnowed us to our room and laid me down on the bed with heartbreaking gentleness.

He slid down to my level and asked, "is there anything I can do?" His voice was soft, gentle.

"Hold me" was my only response, every word laced in pain. He nodded tightly and crawled into bed next to me pulling me against him and wrapping his hands over mine where they clutched my stomach.

His thumbs rubbed circles along my skin calming me. Tears still slid out of my eyes. I couldn't tell if it was minutes or hours, but a soft knock sounded on the door.

~~~~~~~~~

A little short but I didn't want to spoil anything 😉 hope you like it
-S