Chapter 1

I woke up in what seemed to be a dark room with a small window at the top. From the light shinning in, I could see that the room was big but had a door full of locks. The bed I laid on was big and soft and so were the pillows. I sat up and tried getting out of the bed. My mind felt fuzzy with memories of the previous night. I remembered running, then a dark van and dark hand with an even darker yet strong voice. I remember how the hand covered my mouth and how everything went dark. By now, I was sure I would die from the state of shock I was in. I couldn't believe I had been KIDNAPPED. Out of all people I was kidnapped. How was this possible. I got out of the bed and was greeted with white ugg slippers. They fit perfectly and were soft compared to the hardwood floor that I'm sure had recently been sanded. As I put them on I didn't notice that I was stripped from my previous clothes and was dressed in a white silk negligee with gold trim that stopped right under my butt. Who had changed me ? I made my way to the door and immediately started banging on it assuming it was locked. To my surprise, the door opened as soon as my hand came in contact with it. Outside of the door was stairs that I walked up only to be greeted with another door. I went to twist the knob but before I could, it was opened and an old man who had to be about 6'2 stood there waiting to greet me.

"Greetings madam, Master Clark is out on his morning jog but has instructed me to accommodate you while you have breakfast that the chef has prepared. After you madam" he finished by moving aside waiting for me to walk ahead of him.

"I was kidnapped" I said as soon as I could muster the words to make them into a sentence. The man showed no sign of emotion, he only kept a straight face and muttered, "I guess I should lead the way considering you've never been here. Silly me" he chuckled. Did he think this was some joke ? I had been kidnapped and he was standing here laughing at some stupid joke he had made.

The dining area was large. It looked like something off of TV. The decorations were flawless, but showed no sign of the heart. I'm sure a decorator was hired and only bought the most expensive things but the room looked like it had never been lived in. I sat at the table followed by the butler who I was sure had a name like Jeffrey or Godfrey. As soon as we sat down two maids came out of the kitchen and put a 5-star breakfast in front of us.

"Thank you Lidia, Helena" the butler said as he smiled at them. They went back into the kitchen and he turned to me.

"Well my name is Godfrey" I nearly laughed but considering my situation, decided against it," the head butler. I assume you are wondering why you are here Ms. Smith and I assure you, you weren't "kidnapped". Some of the other house staff might actually take you serious when you let silly allegation like such out. It would be in your best interest if you reframed from doing such." he continued. I looked at him shocked that he would say something like this to me.

"Excuse m-"

"You're excused madam. Now like I was saying you were brought here for good reason but I'm sure Master Clark will inform you when he returns. Right now however, he has given me strict orders to make you feel at home, so if you need anything be sure to ask me and only me." he said sternly. If I wasn't so headstrong I would've listened but I don't do well with orders.

"Godfrey you've done a lot of talking now it's my turn. I was kidnapped and I want answers. A man took me from my home without my consent for no reason-"

"I assure you there was a reason" I deep voice boomed at the entrance of the dining room. The same voice from last night.

"Master Clark" Godfrey said as he stood from the seat across from me. The man walked towards the seat and sat down and started eating the food. I stood there and watched him. Why would he kidnap me ? I wasn't attracted to white men but anybody who came in contact with him had to have noticed just how gorgeous he was. He had the bluest eyes I had ever seen and he had to be at least 6'5. That was over a foot taller than me.

"You should eat your food. I'm sure it's getting cold" he said as he looked up from it.

"I've lost my appetite" I said folding my arms across my chest.

"Nonsense. There's no such thing; eat your food. The won't cook again until midday" he said pushing my plate back in front of me. My eyes locked on him and his soon locked on mine.

"Why am I here" I was done with waiting I wanted answers.

"You aren't going to leave this alone are you " he said

"If you would just tell me, I wouldn't keep asking."

"Well I'd planned to let you in on all the details over dinner but since you're so persistent I guess I'll tell you now. Before I start, I'd like you to know something. I need you to understand that I'm a very dominant male so I will NOT tolerate the tone in your voice."

"Before you continue, I would like for you to understand that I don't care what type of male you are. I will talk any way I want with any tone I want if you have a problem you can let me leave. In which I will do so gladly." I said crossing my arms.

"I see you will be my headache. I'll tame you later however now is not the time. Like I was saying before you interrupted, I took you for a reason. It was far from a kidnap."

"It was without my consent"

"Interrupt me one more time and it will be your last" he said to me and I was sure I heard him growl. Like a real animal-like growl. My eyes went buck and my mouth closed.

"Thank you. Now like I was saying, and don't be freaked out, but I've taken you to be my well, my wife" he said bluntly and with a straight face. I couldn't help the giggle that happened to escape my lips. He had to be joking but he had not said that he was.

"You're joking right ?" I said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"Does it look like I'm joking? Avianna you were destined to be mine. You're my mate" he said just as serious as before.

"Ok first off how do you know my name and second off what the fuck is a mate" I asked standing up and hyperventilating, this was too much.

"Watch your mouth. A mate is another name for your chosen one or one's soulmate. In this case, me being a werewolf and an alpha at that you're my mate and my Luna." he said now staring at me walk back and forth.

"A werewolf ? This must be some type of weird dream. Yeah it has to be. There's no way there's werewolves and mates and it's impossible to kidnap me of all people." I said talking to myself.

"No this is real. I could show you if you'd like." he suddenly stood from his seat and walked towards me. He lifted my hand to his much bigger one and I felt shocks. Literal shocks hit my fingertips. I felt drawn to him, like being with him was right and when he let go his absence almost..... hurt.

"That proves nothing" I said in denial.

"Fine you leave me no choice." he took off his shirt and before he stripped to just his shorts, he had changed into a... I couldn't believe it, but a werewolf about the same height as me. Oh my gosh.