15. The Reunion Game

THE REUNION GAME

"Harry, just tell me where you're staying so I can book a room there," I say into the speaker of my phone.

Instead of answering my question, he asks his own. "How did you get my number anyway?"

I roll my eyes and squeeze the bridge of my nose in between my pointer and thumb. "Oh, President Obama gave it to me. How do you think? You gave it to me ages ago."

"Oh, right. Okay." He finally tells me where they are staying in Colorado and I go onto the website while staying on the phone with Harry. "You know, you probably shouldn't book a room. Niall will just tell you to room with him anyway, so you'll be wasting money."

"Yeah, I thought that I could do that, but out of respect I wanted to book a room anyway," I say.

Harry chuckles. "Niall won't think it's disrespectful. He'll be more than happy to let you room with him, obviously. Don't book a room. Just be at the hotel, I'll come down and get you and take you up to him, okay?"

"Alright. Thanks, Harry."

"Anytime. Listen, I have to go. But I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye."

I hang up the phone and close my laptop. There's a smile etching it's way on my face at the thought of seeing Niall now. I go into my bedroom to pack clothes for a few nights, music playing from my phone through the speakers on my desk.

▲▼▲

When I get off the plane I call a cab over and tell him the hotel that the boys are staying at. He recognises me and asks for an autograph, to which I grin and gladly sign some paper that he gets out of the glove box. He tells me his daughter is a big fan and she'll never believe him if he just shows up with an autography, so I also take a picture with him and post it to my Instagram. He tells me his daughter's Instagram so I tag her in the photo and follow her, to which he only thanks me about a billion times for.

I thank and pay him when he pull up to the hotel, and the driver helps me get my suitcase out of the boot. Rolling it behind me, I enter the lobby of the hotel and get my phone out to call Harry.

"Yeah, I'm here," I say when he answers.

"Alright, I'll be down in a second," he says before the line goes dead.

There's not too many people in the lobby at this time, so Harry should be able to scope me out without too much difficulty. 

I'm in the middle of playing a quick game on my phone when I hear my name being called. Looking up, I find Harry standing near the elevators. I smile and lock my phone, sliding it into my back pocket, before walking over to him. 

"Thanks for helping me out," I say as he pulls me into a quick embrace.

"No worries," he says. "Let's get you up there."

We get into the elevator and Harry clicks the button that has number seventeen on it. "You know which room he is in, right?" I ask.

He nods. "Yeah. I was just with him actually, but I told him I was going down to grab something to eat. He told me to get him something, and I think he would have been disappointed that I showed up with no food if it weren't for you coming with me."

The elevator doors open and I follow Harry down to room one hundred and sixty two. I'm feeling a little nervous, the excitement masks that, and I know once I see Niall's face I'll be fine and the nerves would have been for nothing.