12. The Leaving Game

THE LEAVING GAME

There's a crowd of fans outside of the airport screaming for the boys and wishing them a safe flight. I'm standing with Tamara as we wait for Paul to bring the boys into the secured area set up for them to await boarding time, which is in approximately ten minutes, so they better hurry.

Although Tamara isn't really close with all the boys, she has hung out with Harry a little and would like to say bye to them all. I'm fidgeting in my seat and chewing too fast on the burger I bought from the McDonald's at the airport. Tamara keeps telling me to shut up because it's irritating her but I can't because in just a few minutes I will have to say bye to my boyfriend whom I haven't told my true identity and I won't see him for another three months.

"They're coming," Tamara says.

I stand up and turn around, spotting them all immediately. They have more than just Paul escorting them here, as usual, considering the crowd they have outside. I suppose they already put their luggage onto the baggage carousel because none of them have a suitcase with them.

Niall's got a green backpack on, with what seems like an extremely comfortable grey jumper on, as well at dark navy baggy pants on, and his usual snapback atop his head. He still looks so good in airplane clothes.

When he notices me he smiles and jogs ahead of the rest to reach me. As he gets closer my sad smile gets larger and my eyes gloss over in tears. I don't want to have to go through everyday for the next three months without seeing his face in person. It feels as if thorns are growing around my heart and with each heartbeat the thorns poke into my heart. And maybe the guilt I feel for not telling Niall is another reason for those thorns.

When he finally gets to me, I throw my arms around his neck and pull his entire body against me. He hugs me close and holds me tight enough to burst me and the thorns disappear and flowers begin growing in my stomach and I feel so alive, alive, alive with his arms wrapped around me, despite the circumstances.

"Just three months," he whispers. "I'll be back in three months."

"Three months," I repeat.

He leans back a little, but doesn't let go of me. I notice the other boys have caught up and are all talking to Tamara, allowing us to have our little moment. Niall leans his forehead against mine, closing his eyes momentarily.

"You're not going to find some other smoking hot LA guy while I'm gone, are you?" Niall says, chuckling.

I snicker and shake my head. "Of course not. I'm happy with you."

"Good, because I don't plan of finding another girl."

The words stay engraved in my heart after they slip past his lips, and I just have to remind myself of that engraving every time I'm missing him and hoping he doesn't find someone better to love than me.

We kiss and share a moment to hug before I pull away to say bye the others. I wish them good luck and tell them to stay out of trouble, in which Louis replies, saying that he can't make any promises because everyone knows that they are bound to get into some sort of trouble at some point. (That 'some point' will probably be on the plane.)

I go back to Niall and hug him again, saving this moment because I won't get to hug him again until he is back in LA in three months time, which really feels like an eternity. 

"I love you," he whispers.

"I love you, too," I reply.

He kisses me sweetly once more before their flight is announced over the speakers. Paul tells them that they have to go, so I quickly hug him before standing with Tamara and waving at them all as they board the plane.

And I tattoo in my mind that I have to tell Niall who I really am when he gets back, no matter how much it'll hurt him.

▲▼▲

        a.n.

        This is really short and boring and horrible and you really don't deserve this after such a long wait but i really needed a filler chapter for the moment. Still love you x. }

        I very recently decided to start watching Teen Wolf, and i have become literally obsessed with it and everyone in it omg, especially Dylan O'Brien *insert heart eyes emoji*. I'm almost finished all four seasons and I don't think I'll know what to do with my life when I'm finished. (I'll probably start watching some other show and catch up on that tbh.)