02. The Texting Game

THE TEXTING GAME

NIALL: We're still on for tomorrow right? (:

I roll my eyes and smile as I plop another spoonful of Lucky Charms into my mouth. After I place my spoon back into my bowl, I let my fingers fly across the keyboard of my iPhone 5:

AUBREY: Yes niall. Stop asking. :) haha what do I wear?

I'm really surprised that Niall didn't realise who I was. Even though my hair is dyed (yes, dyed, not bleached) and I wear contacts, my facial features haven't changed much, just matured. Well, then again, Niall might have been used to seeing me with braces on, since I got those taken off not long after we broke up.

NIALL: -.- um ,clothes? or not... ;) jk, you have to wear clothes t a theme park. just wear jeans and shirt or something. idk ,im not a girl !

I finish my cereal and put my bowl and spoon in the dishwasher. My feet pad across the tiles that soon canges to carpet as I make my way upstairs and into my bedoom, Tamara, being an earlier riser, was probably up an hour ago and has gone to do some grocery shopping.

AUBREY: Gee, thanks. You're so helpful. -.- haha what are you doing today?

While I wait for a reply, I search my closet for my red pair of jeans. I successfully find them, so I switch my pyjama pants for them. I have to wriggle each leg, tense my butt, and jump a few times for them to successfully come on my legs. This isn't because I'm fat - I'm curvy - but because these jeans are skinnier than skinny jeans. They're like, super skinny jeans.

NIALL: What is there to do in LA ? Uh i think me and lads are having a skype call with some people frm management ! ugh this can't be good. How bout you?"

I chuckle as I read the text. I switch my pyjama singlet for a fresh white singlet and a slightly transparent white, button-up shirt that has no sleeves. Black sandals adorn my feet and I head into my ensuite with my phone.

AUBREY: haha, sucks to be you! Uh, I think I'm just gonna visit my Aunt Jennifer and my little cousins. (:

I brush my teeth and use my flat iron to get beach waves on my hair. While in the middle of waving my hair, I receive another text from Niall.

NIALL: Your a bully. :( well i have to go ! have fun at your aunt's house. ill text you later, yeah? :) bye!

AUBREY: Ok! Have fun with management (if you can) ;) haha bye! :)

I don't receive a text back, so I just continue waving my hair.

▲▼▲ 

"Aubrey!" My three-year-old cousin, Jamie squeals as she wraps her arms around my legs. Of course, she knows my real name is Hana, but everyone is now so used to calling me Aubrey. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, my little buttercup." I say, tapping her nose. She giggles and scrunches it up. "Where's your mum?" I close the front door and follow her to the kitchen. 

Her mum, and my Aunt Jennifer, is cutting fruit up on a chopping board. She is facing the opposite way to me, so I go up behind her and kiss her cheek.

"Hey, Aunt Jennifer." I greet with a smile. 

"Oh, hello!" She exclaims. She places her knife on the chopping board and wipes her hand on a tea towel so she can hug me. "I didn't know you were coming over."

I shrug. "I wanted to surprise you and Jamie." I tell her. I grab a sliced apple and plop it in my mouth. "You making lunch?"

"Yeah. You're just lucky I was making more than usual." She chuckles to herself and goes back to slicing the fruit. "Oh, I was meant to get some things from the grocery story."