06. The Babe Game

THE BABE GAME

"How's he been treating you?" Tamara asks. It's a Saturday afternoon and Tamara and I have been lounging around in our pyjamas all day. We're currently halfway through the third season of Pretty Little Liars and there are empty packets of several different sweets laying around.

"Tamara, it's been two days." I reply, rolling my eyes at her question.

"Technically it's been four weeks." She retorts, flicking the side of my head.

"Yeah, but we've only been official for two days."

"You haven't answered my question."

"Maybe I don't wanna answer your question."

"You know you do."

"And how do you know that?"

"Because I know you better than Niall does."

"Niall doesn't even know me."

"He knows Hanna, and you're Hanna."

"I'm Aubrey."

"Don't make me throw a pillow at you."

"Don't make me answer the question."

"Just answer the damn question."

"Fine. He treats me very well, thank you. He's still the gentleman he was two years ago." I explain. "He's kind, understanding, carefree yet sensitive, beautiful and very lovely."

"I know." She smirks at me.

I groan loudly, throwing my hands up. "Then why did you ask?"

She laughs and shrugs. "Just wanted to make sure that you know how sweet he is. You cheated on him and he is still welcoming you into his life again."

I groan again. "Stop reminding me of what I did, Tamara." I say. "And he doesn't know who I really am, so that's why he's welcoming me in his life again. He likes Aubrey, Tam, not Hanna."

"I don't care who he likes; he just better treat you right or I'm gonna have to shoot a bullet up his Irish ass." She says, putting on a really bad American accent.

I chuckle and ruffle her hair. "Good to know."

Silence falls over us as we turn back to the television. We are quiet long enough for me to hear my phone blasting out MKTO's 'Thank You'. I jump up off the couch and run upstairs, retrieving my phone from my bed. 

I check the caller ID, noticing it's Niall calling me. Before he hangs up, I quickly slide the green button across the screen, answering his call.

"Hey Niall." I say into the speaker, smiling as I do.

"Hello." He drawls out, his accent thick. "What are you up to?"

"Just watching Pretty Little Liars with Tamara. You?" I reply, shrugging, even though he can't see me.

 "I'm on the toilet." He says proudly, obviously not ashamed to have called me while doing his business.

I snort out a laugh, choking loudly. He is breathing out an awkward laugh with me, and I know he is scratching the back of his neck. "Classy." 

"I'm a classy lad." He mutters sarcastically. I hear a flush and a door open and close. I stay quiet as I hear a tap turn on and off a few seconds later, and I laugh a little again. 

I hop down the stairs, jumping the last three to the ground, and enter the living room again. Tamara is no longer in here, but I can hear her rummaging around in the kitchen, so I suspect she is trying to find some more food. That girl can eat all she wants and never gain any weight.