07. The Period Game

THE PERIOD GAME

I groan in pain and curl into a ball, banging the space beside me, just to release some of my anger. The pains in my stomach, back and legs haven't stopped all night, and I couldn't sleep in my bed so I ended up moving to the couch, but even then I was still up all night with period pains.

Periods are the worst thing that could happen to a girl. Why don't guys have their period? They're the ones who create the baby, so they should be the one bleeding and going through nine months of torture!

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Tamara asks as she places a cup of tea on the coffee table in front of me.

I tug the blanket around me tighter. "Just fantastic, thanks." I growl sarcastically. Sure, I sound like a bitch, but it's mainly my hormones acting up. Tamara will understand.

"Right." She mutters, petting my head. "Well, I'm going to hang out with Leo today, so I'll see you later, alright?"

"Whatever."

She kisses the side of my head and stands up. I close my eyes and listen as Tamara's footsteps sound throughout the house before the front door opens and closes.

Not even two minutes later my ringtone is blaring from my phone. I groan and try my best to sit up and reach for it on the coffee table, managing to twist in the wrong way. Everything hurts when it's that time of month for me. I hate it so much.

"What?" I growl into the phone after I slide the answer button across the screen. I didn't even bother to check who's ringing.

"Woah, babe, you alright there?" Niall's Irish accent replies, chuckling a little.

"I'm fine. Leave me alone now." I snap.

"Wait, what's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing. Why do you just assume that something is wrong? I'm just not in the mood!"

"Somebody's on their period." He mutters.

That's the last straw; you don't say that to a girl. "I'll have you know that I actually am, asshole." And I hang up in him.

And this is what my period does to me. I become emotional and snappy and annoying. My whole body aches and I feel like pushing someone off a cliff and cuddling them at the same time.

I turn over to face the back of the couch, moaning along the way. I've already had Advil to help relieve some of the pain, but it worked for about an hour throughout the night before my body went back to being in pain, and it's not time for me to take another tablet.

There is music playing on the TV softly. I had turned it off before, but I hated not having any noise in the house, so I turned it back on. Nothing's helping, and my period is honestly never usually this bad. I'm an emotional wreck and I've been getting very angry easily, and this is only the second day!

I close my eyes and try to force sleep upon me. That doesn't happen, though, because after ten minutes of turning and fixing my blanket, I am still wide awake.

The doorbell suddenly rings, and I groan outwardly. The person at the door could be a serial killer or some sales person, but I couldn't care less as I call out, "It's open!" And when the door doesn't open, I shout it louder, managing to make myself choke and cough.

The door opens and closes before a familiar person walks into the living room. His blonde hair is flat over his forehead and he is wearing jeans and one of those tank tops that I absolutely despise. In his right hand is his phone and in his left hand is a plastic bag of who knows what.

"Aw, babe." He says, sitting down on the edge of the couch beside my body.

"You came over?" I ask, gazing up at him with a shocked expression on my face. "I treated you so badly over the phone."

He shrugs and rubs his hand up and down my arm soothingly. "You're on your period. It's understandable."

I smile and grip the back of his neck, pulling him down to kiss him quickly but passionately. We pull away, but his face is still so close to mine, and I love it. "You're so sweet."

He blushes and chuckles. "I try."

"I would say that you're perfect but you're wearing that ugly tank top." I pull on the straps of his tank top before poking the nipple that is hanging out. "Nip slip."

He laughs and kisses me once more, allowing me to taste his deliciousness, before setting the plastic bag on the coffee table.

"What's in there?" I ask.

He doesn't answer, but instead takes out two packets of chips, three large blocks of Cadbury chocolates, a bottle of coke and two DVD's - Grown Ups and Evil Dead. He smiles at me and hands me a bar of chocolate.

"You got all this for me?" I ask, completely shocked. "You're the best!"

"I know." He smirks. He goes to the TV, and after fiddling with my DVD player and TV for a while, he manages to get the first movie to start playing.

He stands back up and walks over to me, glancing down at me questioningly. It takes me a second to process what he is silently asking, but then I realise that he's asking if he can lay with me.

"Niall, we've been dating for almost a month now. I think you should have figured out by now that you can cuddle with me." I say, grabbing his arm to pull him behind me. But I don't move quick enough and he ends up falling on top of me.

I groan in pain as he chuckles and pushes himself up by his arms. He's now hovering over me and smiling fondly down at me. "That was your own fault." He says, kissing my forehead.

"Yeah, yeah." I grumble. "Now kiss me." I pull him down again.

He yelps in surprise but doesn't say anything as our lips connect. So maybe I am also very sappy when I'm on my period, but who cares? It benefits both Niall and me, so it's a win-win situation.

He uses one hand to hold him up while the other caresses the side of my head. I tilt my head to the side to deepen the kiss as I allow Niall's begging tongue to invade my mouth. My fingers tangle in his hair as our tongues taste each other.

Niall is the first to pull away, completely panting. I giggle for no reason and he rests his forehead against mine.

"Let's watch this movie, yeah?" He suggests, pecking my lips once more before collapsing behind me and wrapping his arms around me.

I notice that the movie is already about fifteen minutes in, but neither Niall or I complain. I snuggle back against him and open a packet of chips and chocolate for us to share. He snatches a block out of my hand and pops it in his mouth while I shove three at once in my mouth. Niall tangles his legs with mine, and I don't even feel the pain in them.

"By the way, you're very mean when you're on your period." He states after a while. "Bitchiest girl on their period that I have ever known."

"Bitchiest girl on their period that I have ever known." I mock him in an over-exaggerated chipmunk voice. He doesn't sound like that but since when does anyone make a person sound correct when mocking them? "You're not the brightest star in the sky." I tease, elbowing him.

He snickers. "Bitch, please, I'm so hot the sun gets jealous."

"First of all, you read that online, and second of all, how can you be the sun if all you ever do is get burnt by the sun?"

"Hey, it's not my fault I have Irish skin."

"Yes it is."

"No."

"Ok, Niall, whatever you say."

"Aw, you were meant to argue back, not give in."

"So you're upset that you won the argument?" I question, tilting my head to actually look at him.

He shrugs. "Well, yeah. It's much more fun when you argue back."

"Sucks to be you then." I smirk.

"See what I mean by you being a bitch on your period?"

"See what I mean by you being a bitch, period?" I bite back.

"Touché." He says, laughing adorably. Our conversation ends and we go back to watching the movie.

After about ten minutes of watching the movie, I become a little drowsy, so I turn around to face Niall's chest. I wrap my arm around his waist and cuddle against him, breathing in his scent.

"You tired, bub?" He asks softly, and I nod against him. "Go to sleep."

He whispers sweet nothings into my ear as I slowly drift off to sleep.

▲▼▲ 

"Is she asleep?" A familiar voice asks.

"No, she just has her eyes closed because she likes looking at the inside of her eyelids." An Irish accent bites back. "What do you think, Harry?"

"Well, when you put it like that, you make me sound really stupid." Harry replies.

"You are really stupid." Niall bites sarcastically. "Well, you mainly just lack common sense."

"I know, thanks."

"You're very welcome."

"Shut up." I growl, snuggling into Niall more. "I'm enjoying looking at the inside of my eyelids and you two are ruining it for me."

They're silent for a few seconds before Harry whispers, "I told you she wasn't sleeping."

"No, you didn't." Niall argues. "You asked me if she was sleeping."

"Yeah, but technically-"

"Shut up!" I say louder, hitting Niall lightly on the chest.

"It's Harry's fault." Niall murmurs. "Are you awake, Aubrey?"

"No, of course not." I finally peel my eyes open to punch Niall in the chest, knocking the air out of him momentarily. "I didn't even hit you that hard, you sook."

"Wow, someone's snappy today." Harry says. I sit up and look around for him groggily. I find him sitting on the smaller couch across from us.

"That's because she's on her period." Niall states, rubbing his chest.

I throw my hands up. "Why don't you tell the whole world, Niall?"

"One tweet and that could happen." He winks, kissing my cheek. "Now get up so I can stretch. You're a reckless sleeper."

"I'm sorry, were you just complaining about my sleeping habits? Because I would be glad to never have you sleep next to me again." I reply sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

He shakes his head, eyes wide. "No, sorry. I don't mind. You're a lovely sleeper; so sweet and gentle and not a strong kicker at all."

I chuckle and pet his head before turning on my heel to leave the room. "That's what I thought."

"You pick weird girls, Niall." Harry says as they follow behind me.

"Might I remind you that you dated Caroline?" Niall questions.

Harry opens his mouth to say something, but can't think of anything so ends up closing his mouth and hanging his head. I chuckle and take left over KFC out of the fridge. I put it in the microwave and put it in for a minute to heat up.

"Where's the rest of your circle, anyway?" I ask, referring to Louis, Liam and Zayn.

"Louis is hanging with Eleanor, Zayn is with Perrie and Liam is with Lou and Lux." Harry explains. "Just to let you know, Lou is our lead stylist and Lux is her daughter."

"I didn't ask for your life story, thanks."

"You're a little smart ass, aren't you?"

I smirk. "I am."

He goes to say something else, but the chiming of the microwave cuts him off. I smile smugly and take the box of KFC out, setting it on the counter.

"Wow, you're a great chef, aren't you?" Niall asks humorously.

"Of course! I own a five star restaurant and everything! One of the best chefs in the world, I am!" I nod. Our relationship is obviously filled with a lot of sarcasm.

Niall spins me around and pushes me against the counter. I squeal and try to push him away, but he's too strong.

"You're so up yourself." He mutters, hovering his lips over mine.

"You know it." I wink, leaning against the counter hard.

He connects our lips, sucking on my bottom lip. I flutter my eyes close and kiss back with just as much force. We're so close that his eyelashes are tickling my cheeks, and I giggle slightly.

"Uh, guys, I'm still here." Harry notifies us, grabbing our shoulders to rip us apart. "I don't need to see you have kitchen sex when I'm trying to eat this five star gourmet meal, thank you very much."

I laugh and peck Niall's swollen lips once more before wriggling out of his grasp.

▲▼▲ 

"I'll see you next week, alright?" Niall says, leaning against the doorframe.

"Yeah, ok." I reply, smiling softly up at him. Harry already said bye to me and left a few minutes ago in some other rental car that they decided to get.

Niall leans down to lock our lips momentarily before pulling back and then kissing my lips again. He does this a few more times before finally stepping back.

"See you later, babe." He calls as he makes his ways to his car.

"Bye!" I wave and continue to watch him as he gets in his car and drives off, waving along the way.

I go back inside, shutting the door behind me, and go upstairs to my room. I have now changed into leggings and a large flannel shirt with warm socks on my feet. It may be seventy degrees Fahrenheit out, but when I'm on my period, I'm always cold.

I flop onto my bed, groaning from the pain I just caused myself, and open my MacBook laying in front of me. Once I have logged on and entered my web browser, I type in the twitter URL into the address bar.

My twitter is already signed in from last time, so I just scroll through my timeline for a bit.

A tweet from Niall ends up catching my eye. It says 'my sleeping beauty xx' with a picture linked with it. I inwardly groan because that was posted only a few hours ago and can only mean he posted a picture of me. Unless Harry fell asleep while I was also sleeping and Niall decided to post a picture of him on twitter.

I highly doubt that.

I click the picture link and wait for it to load. My fingers tap mindlessly at the side of my MacBook and my chin is resting in the palm of my hand.

The picture loads, only for me to find that my predictions were correct. The picture is of the left side of my face. My nose is squashed against Niall's chest and my eyes are shut softly, eyelashes adorning the top of pink cheeks.

I risk it and scroll down to look at some of the comments. They start of sweet and nice, and I smile at that, but then I scroll even further down to read some more things that fans of the boys are saying.

And they're not so nice.

▲▼▲ 

        a.n.

        Fan are on the side made by @FutureMrsStyles_1D! It's amazing, thank you so much love! It's incredible x