05. The Official Game

THE OFFICIAL GAME

"No, but look at her hair!" Niall exclaims, waving his hand at the television screen. We are cuddling on the massive sofa in his holiday house while watching The Hunger Games. Effie Trinket is currently announcing District 12's tributes and Niall is going on about how crazy she looks. "Nobody dresses like that."

"Actually, a lot of other people in the Capitol dress like that." I respond immediately, leaning away from his bdoy slight so I can turn my head and look at him properly. "Besides, I reckon it would be cool to be a character like her. She gets crazy and fun costumes!"

"Yeah, but you're just as crazy as her, so it works." He jokes, smirking at me.

I laugh and hit his chest lightly. "Well, you're crazy for dating me then."

"Speaking of dating..." He trails off in thought before zoning back into the conversation. "Are we official yet? Like, I'm not really the type of guy to ask a girl to be his girlfriend. I prefer to talk about what we are."

What he says is true. He didn't ask me to be his girlfriend when I was Hana. Instead, he took me out to dinner and we had a talk about our relationship. We became official that night.

"Then let's talk." I turn my entire body to face him, crossing my legs on the couch. He does the same. "What do you want us to be?"

He blushes and scratches the back of his neck nervously. Why does he have to be so adorable when he is nervous? Like would be so much easier if he was ugly and I didn't have to hide a secret from him. 

We've been hanging out and going on cute dates for the past three weeks, but we have never really spoken about our relationship. Tonight he invited me over and cooked me a lovely roast pork dinner, and then we toed off our shoes and cuddled on the couch while watching The Hunger Games.

"Well," he begins, his voice cracking slightly from how nervous he is, "I really like you."

"I really like you too."

"And I really like hanging out with you."

"Same goes for me."

"But..."

"But?" I question confusedly. 

He chuckles and shakes his head at me. "I don't mean 'but' like that. You didn't let me finish."

"So finish."

He sighs and drops his head for a second before meeting my eyes again, a small smile plastered on his face. "I really would like us to be more than two friends that go on dates and kiss and cuddle."

My face breaks out in a smile as I take in the words he just said. He feels the exact same way I do. 

I lean forward and flicker my eyes to his lips before looking back into his blue eyes. His eyes are filled with worry as he awaits my answer, but I ignore it and just keep leaning forward until our lips are brushing. 

I haven't even put my lips fully to his and I am losing oxygen. Wait, maybe if I was breathing I wouldn't be losing oxygen. Ah, I'm such a blonde. Well, technically I'm a brunette right now but I'm a natural blonde. Focus, Aubrey, focus!

"I want to be more as well." I whisper before finally putting my lips to his, fluttering my eyes closed.

Everything feels so right when he is kissing me. Our lips are molding together perfectly and his hands have moved to my waist, setting me on fire. I wrap my arms around his neck to play the hairs at the back of his neck. 

He moves one of his hands from my waist to my cheek. The pad of his thumb rubs under my eye as the rest of his hand caresses my cheek, our lips still locked.