Chapter 24

(a/n: hello folks. I don't wanna drop the story. Because I already written the whole plot down. But its so hard to figure out how to write the scenes and how to transition to the next chapter of the story cause I dont want it to sound force or come out as cringey cause the story is cheesy enough as it is hahaha)

(▪︎◇▪︎)

At Hogsmeade Station....

Rushing out the train doors, the excited group of children assembling within the dark tiny platform. Few of the villagers who happened to pass by Hogsmeade Station shook their head at the rowdy bunch, but could not stop themselves from smiling at the sight of the enthusiastic younger crowd whose faces were filled with nervous grins and hopeful smiles. Once again the quiet little station was bursting with mindless chatter and soon their meek peaceful village would be buzzing with life.

Young wizards and witches were gathered in tiny groups talking among themselves how they had envision it would be like to step for the first time on the castle ground. It was an event that happened every year though they couldn't help but feel heart warmed at the sight, reminiscing back to the young days when they themselves were mere kids eager to enter the castle.

Though the nostalgic atmosphere was not shared among the big crowd gathered.

Some older students had seen enough of noisy first years, more than eager to head back to their house dorms, tired from the long train ride back to school. They yawned rolling their eyes at the little yappers as they followed this year's Head Boy and Head Girl to the portals that would lead them straight to the castle.

As prefects herd the youngsters near the Black Lake, the noise slowly dwindled as they saw a very, very tall man by the docks. Most of the youngsters' eyes widened as they took in his whole from his long shaggy black mane and beard to his exceeding large garments and moleskin overcoat.

"Migh'y fine evenin' isn't it," said the most humongous being they had in their lives. "I am Hagrid, Hogwart's, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts. I'll be leadin' ye lil' ones to the castle. Excited aren' we ol? Better jump on yer boats d'hen."

They cheered as they piled on the docks and one by one sat on the little boat with the help of the prefects. Hagrid spotted a suspiciously looking large cage, too large for any owl familiar in the hands of a bushy brown haired little witch who stood beside three other lads and approached them. "Ye mus' be the student Professor McGonagall has been tellin' me abou'."

The bushy brown haired girl beamed at the friendly half-giant. Much like the others gathered at the boat docks, she too was stunned to find a man welcoming them five times her size, but fortunately after exchanging a few letter with the deputy headmistress, she and Harry had some inkling who the half-giant was.

"Hermione Granger," replied the witch, extending her free hand forward. "Please to meet you."

He shook the little lass' hands chuckling at enthusiastic smile, "This must be yer familiar, eh."

She nodded in reply, who handed the cage carefully to the half-giant, "His name is Kriecher. He isn't quite so fond of people. I'd like to apologize in advance, sir. Kriecher here tends to act very rude at times. Thank you again for agreeing to take care of him till I find a place for him to stay, Mr. Hagrid."

The scornful golden eagle snapped his eyes to his mistress, who handed him without the slightest apprehension to the abnormally large human that could easily squash him with his hands. The giant human handed him a scrumptious looking treat as a peace offering. He eyed it warily.

"Jus' Hagrid will do, lass." He chuckled as the bird scrupulously snatched the treat from his hand. "Most creature are ver' prideful I tell ya. But I have a feelin' ye and I share a love for adorable animals, eh. So I don' mind at all takin' care this handsome feathery fellow for a while."