Blood And Tears

"I'm going to be fine, i'll regenerate." The Doctor brushes away the tears running stray from your eyes, the ones full of salt and panic. Red breaks though the cloth, staining your hand. 

You shake your head and press your hand down harder. "Don't lie to me, I know this is your last regeneration." The Doctor gives you a comforting smile, places his hand over yours and leans back against the wall. "I don't know what to do, what do I do?" 

Sobs escape your lips as more blood escapes his wound. "You'll stop crying, there will be no tears for me, Love."  If the Doctor was scared he didn't show it, instead he looked normal, calm. That alone was enough to make you panic.

The wound in his side was deep, wide, fatal. He wouldn't make it, you knew that, he knew that though neither of you said it out loud. The time lord was doing his usual, calm down the companion and make their side of the situation far from worse. "I can't stop it, I don't know how, tell me how." The Doctor shakes his head and increases his grip on your hand, the smile on his face seems to turn gentler, his eyes draw shut. "No no no, open them, stay awake." Pale green eyes stare down at you who rests on your knees, blood decorating your clothes.

"I didn't think I would die like this, always thought it would be in an explosion or saving a planet, not from being stabbed by whatever the hell that was." He almost sounded disappointed, you would be if this was happening to you. 

"You aren't gonna die, you can't." He grows paler, more and more blood pumps its way out of the hole in his side. "I need you, please, you can't die."

He leans forward, a loud groan escapes him as he rests on the wound, the one killing him. "(y/n), since when do you have manners?" You could slap him but you don't, instead you chuckle through the pain. He pats a spot next to him on the opposite side to his wound, you crawl up next to him, his arm wraps around your waist, your head rests against his shoulder. "I want you to leave before I go, take my sonic and put it in the Tardis, she'll understand."

You shake your head, "Not a chance, me and you till death do us part, remember."  He takes your hand in his, lifting it to place a kiss on your knuckles, next to the ring he had exchanged only months ago. 

"I broke my promise. Rule one, the Doctor lies." You could hear the struggle he had when talking,  breathing was becoming harder, his skin was the colour of fresh snow. You press a kiss to his jaw.

"It's ok, sweetheart. I forgive you." He rests his head against yours, his grip on your waist tightens. "I love you, remember I will always love you, spaceman." 

His lips brush over your forehead. "My dear, you were my favourite part of these last one thousand years. I love you, don't you ever blame this on yourself, I know you will but this was never your fault." 

His hearts slow, the air in his lungs struggles to leave. His eyes shut for the last time, his veins stop their work. The last time lord stops living.

And you are truly alone.