Chapter 16

Being Watched

Chapter 16

I told my mom that my friends are coming over for a movie night on Saturday so she got all excited and bought all kinds of snacks for us.

She also said that we could put some mattresses and sheets on the living room floor and all sleep there for the night if we decided to sleep.

I told all my friends to get their pajamas with them and they all agreed. We’ve been talking about it all week and we’re all excited for it.

Jeremy and I didn’t have any intense or awkward moments anymore. There were some surprising moments though because he talked to me a bit sometimes and that was something I wasn’t expecting.

His attitude changed a bit by the end of the week but of course it wasn’t like before. Not even close.

He didn’t bring up the Friday night meeting and I didn’t either. I did go, though and I had a nice time. He was there but he didn’t acknowledge me much. I didn’t mind though because the purpose of the Friday meetings wasn’t Jeremy. It was finding answers.

“Steph, your dad and I will be upstairs if you and your friends need anything,” my mom says. I glance at my watch and see that it’s almost eight. They should be here any minute.

“Okay, thanks mom,” I say and she smiles before going upstairs.

I open my Facebook on my phone as I wait for my friends to arrive. A few minutes later, the doorbell rings.

I open the door and find Emma and Janna. I smile at them and tell them to come in. They put their bags in the right corner of the room before sitting on the couch facing the TV.

“So who’s coming tonight?” Janna asks.

“Henry and Gavin,” I reply and they nod.

Emma then starts looking through the movies I have on the coffee table. We comment on a few movies and start deciding what we should watch first.

At around 8:15, the doorbell rings and I jump out of the couch and walk to the front door.

I swing it open and smile at Gavin and Henry.

“Hey,” I say, stepping aside to let them in. That is when I notice a flash of blond.

My eyebrows shoot up when I see Jeremy standing behind the two guys, scowling.

“We brought Jeremy with us,” Henry says. “I hope you don’t mind.”

“Forced me to come,” I hear Jeremy grumble and Gavin rolls his eyes at him.

“Shut up, dude, you’ve been moping for a week so you’re here to have fun!” Henry says. Jeremy’s been moping all week? Does this have to do with my confession?

“Whatever,” Jeremy grumbles as they walk into the living room.

They greet the girls and sit down on the couches.

“We’re watching ‘Taken’ first!” Gavin says as soon as he sees the movies and I chuckle.

“Okay,” I say as I put in the DVD. When the movie starts playing, I go to the kitchen and get the bowls of popcorn and chips.

I put them on the coffee table and Henry suddenly yells. “FOOD!”

I burst out laughing at him as he grabs a handful of popcorn and shoves them into his mouth.