Chapter#13

It had been fifteen days since I had recovered from my sickness but I could still feel the weakness left in me. I knew that Shane wouldn't call but still whenever my phone rang, I would immediately look at it hoping that it was Shane. I still missed him but I tried to forget. But to forget, I had to remember whom I had to forget.

"Rachel. Rachel. Are you in the kitchen?" I heard Sarah's voice coming from the lounge.

"I'm in my room." I shouted back in answer as I snatched myself back from the deep thoughts.

"Hi. I've been texting you but you ain't replying girl." Sarah spoke as she threw herself on my bed.

"I....uh.....I've switched my cell phone off for a while you know. I wanted to be alone. Well it's been a while since we last met. Three days I guess. I did miss you but it's strange that I wanted to be alone so I could let all the pain out for once and for all." I said trying to gain confidence in my words.

"I know it has been hard on you but you know I'm always there and I'm not backing down." Sarah said as she got up and held my hands with a smile on her face.

"I know." I said with a smile on my face. "Well now that I'm trying to get over Sha......everything, I need to let it all go." I said with confidence in my voice as I took a deep breath.

"Hmm. The best therapy to start from is........shopping! C'mon we're hitting the mall right now." She said cheerfully as she got up with excitement from the bed.

I was reluctant to her idea but I agreed because I didn't want to show my weaker side to anyone. I got ready in some time; skinny jeans, grey jersey and sneakers with a french braid. It was nearly the end of December and it was icy cold all the time. It had been nearly over two weeks since I last met Shane. I was trying to move on from him.

Sarah called Shawn to drop us off at the mall. He reached in half an hour and dropped us at the city mall.

"Well I don't really have something specific in my mind that I should buy. Help me out Rach." Sarah said as twisted her mouth in different gestures looking at the variety of garments spilled in the shop.

"I think that you should buy a pair of grey pants because you told me that you didn't have them and the best part is that they're on discount." I informed her blankly looking at a black button down shirt infront of me that reminded me so much of Shane.

"Oh yes. Thanks alot for reminding me or else I'd spend my money on some random shit and then regret doing it later. I'll go try them." She said with surprise as she grabbed different pairs of grey stretchers and headed towards the changing room.

I stood there eyeing the black shirt in front of me until I couldn't keep it in, so moved towards it and held the fabric with my hand. I wanted to buy it for Shane but when was I suppose to give it to him? After a small pause of thinking, I took the shirt out of it's hanger and hurried towards the cash counter. Sarah was still trying on the jeans and I knew it that she'd be taking a dozen of selfies in the changing room so it was my chance.

"Can you please pack this for me? And please hurry up. I'm in a rush." I asked the cashier , a man dressed in a navy blue shirt with brown hair.

"Sure ma'am." He said taking the credit card from my hand and packed  for me in a minute.

"Thanks alot." I said facing down at my handbag trying to stuff the shopping bag in it.

The cashier eyed me strangely as I zipped my handbag. I didn't want Sarah to know about it or else she'd stop me from doing so because she'll think that I'm still hurting myself over him.