Chapter#3

I woke up too early in the morning as Shane's face hit my eyes and woke me up from my sleep. I felt like the last night was a dream and I was still drenched in it.

I saw Sarah sleeping next to me.I took a bath and changed my clothes. I stood in my balcony for a short while and stared into the sky where the sun was about to come up.

Different thoughts flashed my mind: my parents, my childhood, my feelings, my past and now somehow I found out that Shane was my new thought.

"Hey babes. Good morning." Sarah spoke as she wrapped her oversized sweater arms around me from behind.

"Good morning." I spoke as I grabbed her hands that were on me.

We always had this kind of a relationship. No grudges and no limits.

We would give our lives at the sake of our friendship. It had nourished every second since the last 13 years.

I still remember my first day at kindergarten back in Seattle. I sat with Sarah on my first day and since that day we are bestfriends. We have seen eachother in every highs and lows and been there forever. This is the friendship everybody craves for and we have it.

"Where do you keep getting lost every now and then?" Sarah asked as she turned me around to face her.

"Nothing much. Just thinking about the first day we met. The best day of my life." I told her with happiness in my voice.

"Awe. Come here." Sarah awed and hugged me.

"I think if someone sees us this way,um....they might get a wrong clue of our friendship. You know like a friendship kind of friendship." I said playfully.

"Eww. No ! We're not going lesbians ever. You know that you're not my fantasy." Sarah spoke in disgust that twisted her expressions in a very funny way.

It made me laugh my heart out. I always love messing with her on this thing and every time she is offended in a funny way, I enjoy it to my full.

We both got ready and headed for school. I thought about maybe thanking Shane for his consolidation the other day. It was going to be a stormy weather I predicted .

On our way me and Sarah discussed about the upcoming semester while she told me about her class fellow, Shawn.

"You know I'm tutoring this stupid guy Shawn and swear if it wasn't for my biology teacher, I wouldn't be doing this. This guy is so poor in biology and I have to help him out all the time. He's like a detention to me. This guy acts out too aggressively towards me that I get tears in my eyes. He always fights with me and I don't know why." Sarah spoke as she gestured with her hands in the air.

"Why is he doing this to you? In fact he should be grateful to you for your favour to this spoiled dimwit." I told her with anger in my voice.

We reached the school and it was odd to see eveybody staring at us, particularly me. I didn't really bother but still it was absurd to be expecting this kind of an attitude from people you barely know.

Sarah went to her class early before the bell to collect some notes for Mr Shawn. In the meantime I saw Shane,again dressed in black. He wore a black button down shirt and dark grey jeans with black boots. Wow, I must say that he's got a thing for black.

I went up to him as he was alone doing something with his locker.

"Um...Shane? I need to thank you for yesterday. Thanks." I thanked him as I tried to catch a glimpse of him as he burried his head in the locker.

"What are you doing here? Someone might just see us and you know how it goes. Just...just go away." He spoke bluntly with irritation as he brought his face near mine.