Chapter#20

I drove back to my place hoplessly because I had spent the whole day trying to find an apartment, and I couldn't. As I had nothing to do, I went in to take a nice hot bath. That's all I could think of. And to be more specific, I also had to wax my pubic hair. Everything down there was getting wild.

Since my belly grew bigger and bigger, it was hard for me to wax. Well nevertheless, I  went inside the bathroom and striping off my clothes turned on the shower.

                                       _____________________________________

Waking up the other day I checked my phone for any mails but there were none. When I opened my contact list, I found Shane's number in it. I had almost forgot that I didn't delete him. Looking at it for a while, I switched off my phone deciding on not to delete his number from my phone. I didn't know why.

I felt hungry and the best choice was always Sweet Hub Cafè. So I drove in. While I sat in the car hearing my favourite Jonas Brothers song paranoid, I saw two jeeps pull up on the side of the cafe.

When I turned to look I saw Adam climbing out of it with some other guys.

Please Shane don't come out. Please don't be there. My subconscious prayed as I didn't want the Shane Alstaire Qastial's stardom right now.

I fixed my gaze and to my relief,  Shane was not there.

Phew!

So confidently I went inside the café to get a bite. I sat on the barstool and saw the group of guys picking up the take away box from the counter. They were four boys excluding Adam. I had seen them all in school before. They met Adam and headed outside. Adam was burried in his laptop, as usual . Often I had seen him typing in the café. It was his spot. From the window I saw his friends drive off.

"Excuse me. Do you know any apartment that's clear for residence?" I asked the man standing on the counter who had grey sideburns and freckled skin.

The man narrowed his eyes trying to think and the way he lost himself in the thought gave me my answer. He had no idea.

"It's okay." I said managing a smile on my face.

"Sorry I couldn't help you." He said giving me the chicken turnover I had ordered.

Getting up after paying I made my way to the exit. As I reached my car a voice pulled me back.

"Rachel." Adam spoke as he walked over to me.

What does he want now? Don't talk about Shane.

I unlocked my car but stood there waiting for him to come.

"You called my name?" I asked in a slight confusion.

"Yeah. I heard you back there. So you're finding an apartment? " He asked decently.

"Yes." I answered.

"If you don't mind, I can help. But if you want." He said offering the help.

You can help? But what about Shane? If he gets to know. . . . . .

"Umm. . . .I. . . ." I tried to put some words but he intervened.

"If you're thinking about Shane, then he doesn't have to know. I have a friend Usher who is in this property dealing thing. He can get you an apartment." He said informing me.

After a short pause, I spoke.

"Well okay then." I said a bit relieved with my statement.

Finally an apartment.