21

AALIYAH 🧨

I keep tapping at my stomach in random places to feel my baby kick back. It's really so satisfying and fun to get their reaction when he or she communicates back to me. I couldn't even hear my friends tryna get my attention from the phone because I was so focused on my baby.

"Yeah? What?" I turn to my side and look down at my phone to see the two on FaceTime trying on clothes.

"I said, it's still not too late to come with us" Monica tried to convince me.

"You both know that now I have a real excuse to not come to parties, imma use that shit" I added a little laugh. I lowkey do want to go to the party but I also want to just chill and watch some tv and online baby shop by putting stuff in the cart for later.

"Ughh, no. This is suppose to be the time you use to get all the party feels out now before you're in bed rest" Nicky says.

"I already used it all before then" I sing out. And it's not even a real party to be worth going out. It's some persons little kickback because they have the house to themselves for a while. They're just going because they're bored and wanna get cute.

"Can one of you get pregnant with me and stay behind?" I joke with a pout.

Nicky laughs and Monica starts cussing me out saying not to wish that on her.

"My momma would literally smoke my ass, I can not. I don't even have a damn job or even close to getting my shit really together" Monica shakes her head.

"I'm not even close to anyone to even kiss them" Nicky mentions.

Me and Monica look at her crazy like she just wasn't with Sheik at the park last night.

"Don't do me" she says before we could say anything.

"You already know Sheik was gonna be mentioned so I don't know why you set yourself up like that" I tell her.

"Ok, but I don't let that nigga kiss me" she does a face. "He does the bizz to me and we talk. That's all that happens between us" she tells. Monica laughs and I roll my eyes. It's still crazy to me that people think she's the innocent one out of the three of us.

"Playaaa" Monica shouts.

"Cause that type of shit, don't faze a player. This type of shit is what makes a hater" Nicky adds and does the turning dance along to it.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about there we can't be friends💀💯)

"You're so ughh" I cringe at her.

"Ok, I'm ready. I'm coming to pick you up now" Monica tells Nicky. "Bye Liyah, bye my little baby. Your favorite Aunty loves you" she drags out doing kiss faces at the camera. She's been doing that since I told her and I think it's cute.

"Ok bye" I wave and then hang up the call.

I sighed and think about what to do now. King is at work still for another 30 minutes so I have to wait til he gets off to call me and be on his way here. G is on his game screaming in his room. My mom is at work going her last hours there before everything changes up.

I'm on my own for a while so, what could a secretive pregnant teenage girl do?

I wanna wait until King is here to baby shop together. I cleaned up my room two days ago. I have nothing in my radar right now for the first time in a long time.

Maybe I should have went to the kickback.

🆗🆗

"Shh" I try to stop King from poking my butt and making quiet comments about how squishy it is. I don't want G to know he's here because then it'll be awkward and the situation could get worse.

I peaked my head up to see his room door is closed and it's quiet. I grabbed his hand and hurried to get him in my room and close the door quietly after him.

"It feels more secretive that I'm here than before he knew about us" he jokes while sitting on my bed.

"I know" I sigh and go between his legs and start playing with his curly hair. "How was work?" We never talk about his work because he doesn't like it at all. He always said, way before we ever got together, that he wound only focus on music to get paid from it and put all his energy into that because, "working for the man is not his type of real nigga shit", as I quote.

"It was, cool" he hesitated with a fake ass smile. He's trying to put up this front and I don't like that.

"Can you be honest with me? I don't want you to keep shit bottled in and then resent me for being the reason your unhappy when we could just talk it out and come to a compromise" I end up strattling his legs and being eye level with him. His hands were both in my stomach and rubbing it and getting the babies touch back.

He's sighs and looks into my eyes with a serious expression. "I could never resent you for anything Destiny" he stopped and kissed me. "Working at the movie theater wasn't apart of my plan, but it's actually cool. I'm starting to like it" he tells me.

But he's still unhappy with it.

"And I know it's not temporary, I won't be there in 3 years. The shit pays 19 an hour and it's getting saved up for us. All of it" I tilt my head and look at him confused.

"Yeah, all my pay checks from it are being put into an account that my mom helped open up for me and the money I'm using now from music is my spending money. Once the baby is here the job money is to be used for them, plus of course the music money. Right now there's about 700 in there from working 5 days a week for a month and a half and 7 hours" he explains more to me. Each second my eyes get bigger and bigger.

I forgot he hid his job from me for the beginning part, he actually got his shit together. Was I afraid he didn't for a moment? Yes. G scared me with that speech earlier today about if King is really gonna be here or not. But at the end King proved him wrong and cleared my head.

"I promise you, you and the baby won't ever have to worry about anything. I got us covered and secured. Y'all gonna be spoiled to death" he lifts my left hand and kisses my knuckles.

I pout and blush at him. This is really a whole ass real nigga.

If he continues working there and doing what he's doing, plus with my money I've been saving for years in there for my future, we're really set for the baby plus us getting an apartment together.

I'm so blessed to be set up like this. I'm lucky to be in this position and making it a good one with many options to take.

"What'd you do all day? Besides go with your mom and G to Best Buy?" He starts rubbing my thighs and kissing my exposed chest in the shirt.

I sighed and kept playing with his hair knowing he loves that.

"Absolutely nothing. We did talk about having a family BBQ next weekend, friends are invited" I stutter as he's getting me more and more into him.

"Oh. Should I go?" He stops and looks at me.

I shrug. "G did say something in the car that was kind of sneaky but I didn't try and talk to him earlier in the store. He just needs more time" I tell him softly.

I can only imagine how he must feel knowing his best friend is mad at him. I feel for him. When Nicky got mad at me at the hotel I felt like complete shit, like my heart was literally breaking. All I did was doubt the whole baby situation and I was so glad King made me talk about it with him because I don't know how I would feel right now.

"You know you could talk about this with me right? How you feel about the baby situation, about G, anything you wanna talk about I'm here" I remind him.

He stares at me before nodding his head. "I understand baby" his arms go around me and hug me close to him. "I really do love you Aaliyah" he adds. I hug him tighter to let him know I do also.

🧨