15

AALIYAH 🧨

"What's a mistake?" He barely got out.

I lip quivers looking at him. I hold his face in my hands and wipe his fallen tears with my thumbs.

"Don't say it's a mistake Liyah" he croaked out.

I still didn't say anything. How can I say that my baby is a mistake? That me and King is a mistake? I wouldn't want this with anyone else, but why do I have to have this?

"Liyah" his face falls back to my lap.

"I'm sorry King" I cry out softly. I hug and kiss the top of his head. "I'm sorry" I repeat. But I'm not sorry for what I said. I'm in agony everyday I wake up. I hate lying, I hate not dancing, I hate being scared around the people I love, I hate not being myself.

"I love you Aaliyah. You don't love me" he squeezes my sides.

"No, I do love you King" I lift his head up for him to look at me. He kept his eyes closed as his mouth was shaking. "I love you so much" I comfort him.

I do love king with all my heart. I just don't love our situation.

"You don't love our baby" he states.

"I-" I stopped my sentence and just stared at his face. Do I love my baby because I actually do, or because I have to?

"I don't know" I breathed out. Oh my god.

We stayed quiet. His hands left my body and rested on his lap while his head went back down on my lap with my hands in his hair.

This wasn't a good time or way to say that. I should had saved it for later to talk about when he can have an actually conversation. But the pressure was too much. I'm now realizing and coming to terms that my life is over. Or on hold to be less dramatic. I just feel stuck in a hole of despair.

"You're not happy?" King ask.

"I don't know" I say back. I honestly don't know and I refuse to say anything when he's not even in the right state of mind until we can actually talk about it.

"How can I make you happy?" He ask in a sad tone. I pout and shut my eyes to stop the tears.

"I don't know, baby" I whisper. I reach down and kiss the top of his head. "I don't know". I feel like complete shit right now.

"We can talk about this later, ok? Go enjoy the rest of your day" I pat his back. He stands up and wipes his face.

"I wanna go home with you" I see his lip slightly pout.

I nod and grab his hand to get me up.

"I think I have to bring G home-"

"Ask someone else to, please" he continued to clean his face before he leaves the room and people see him.

I nod and grab my purse from the bed. We leave the room and I go to Monica. She agrees to take G home later in the day when they all leave.

King was quiet and kept his head down as he followed me everywhere throughout the room.

As we were walking to the door Nicky comes in with Sheik behind her. We made eye contact and I can tell she was crying from her makeup being slightly ruined.