20

AALIYAH 🧨

"I don't know why you wanted to be ratchet today and wear that blanket into the store" my mom shakes her head at me.

G keeps his arm around my shoulder and tries to put himself in front of me as possible to hide myself from my mom. That makes me love and appreciate him more at how he's trying to protect me in his own silent way.

We walk into Best Buy and my mom goes to the service side for help from the employee to get these computer stuff from her job's list.

Me and G leave her and walk around to look at stuff.

"What do you think about her working from home now? Being here everyday and noticing the stuff" he ask me.

"I think it'll be good. I would have her to help me and not have her feel pressured to work from home because of me. I think it's a special blessing because of the time of it happening" He nods and guides us to the TVs.

"Yeah, I thought that also. She'll have to know sooner also because she's gonna pick up on things acting off when she's here more often" I nod my head agreeing with him.

"And I've been missing her a lot lately. She's been working non stop to pay for the shit we need like our dancing and rapping. I want to see her more" He expresses.

"Exactly" I simply state. We both been missing our mom and I hella happy she's gonna be here more.

Of course I'm scared of her reaction to the whole pregnancy thing and I'm not ready for her whole disappointment in me, but I'm still feeling good about her being home more for the family.

"I want this" he lets me go and walks to the big tv on the top.

I squint my eyes at how much is showing and how bright it is looking directly at it.

"You know my birthday coming up, you could hook me up in these hints I be dropping" he shrugs his arms and faces me.

I gave him a look like he's crazy. "I'm not spending no seven thousand on a tv for you when I'm tryna save up for a damn baby" I roll my eyes at him.

"Man, imma tell mom she a grandma if you don't say you'll get me this tv" I turn my head so fast at him.

"Nigga fuck you" I spat at him. He starts laughing at me and shoves me. I do not need for him to be joking like that right now. I'm already stressed out enough.

"I'm just playing, maybe" he comes and we walk back to find our mom.

"Hush it" I order him.

Before we can even find her I decided to ask him more about last night.

"So, you're less mad at King right now?" I look up at him.

He didn't say anything to purposely ignore me.

"He's at work right now making money for our family" I tell him. He still said nothing. "Also writing music nonstop. He has 5 songs done right now, and still getting paid every week from streams from his album" I explain more.

"It's not just about money Aaliyah" he stated. His tone was all irritation. I get we just told him last night and it's still fresh, but I can't stand that there's a bump in their relationship and I'm part of the reason for it.

"He's gonna have to be there for you 24/7 for what the baby needs. Can he be a good father and be there for my nephew? Would he be helping you out? Cuz I'll be damned if he's out acting up while you're at home watching y'all's kid. I won't tolerate that fuck nigga shit at all. I have to see if he's gonna be sticking to his word about being a good dad before I could shake his hand again" he explains to me.