Chapter 10

Dimitri's POV

I looked at Rose's schedule and I am supposed to be guarding her next lecture.

Oh, eager to see her again already.

NO. I just...

You just what?

Ugh, nevermind.

I headed to Guardians common room to have something to eat. Due to the stakeout for those girls my eating and sleeping schedule is messed up and I have to fix it as soon as possible who knows what's in store for me next.

After loading my plate with the breakfast leftovers I sat down at my usual table in the corner which is mostly deserted a perfect place for my solitary self but gives the entire view of the room and could be seen immediately.

I sat down to have my meal which wasn't anything special, a few pieces of bread, some eggs, vegetables and a glass of juice.

A few moments later a pair of guardians arrived at my table. Usually everyone lets me be with myself except Guardian Petrov who sometimes accompany me when she is free but other than that no one ever approaches me. Maybe it is something important. I have seen one of them one with Prince Dashkov but can't say much about the other, maybe he is from junior year.

I paused and looked at them waiting patiently for someone to say something but they were busy looking at each other deciding who is going to say first. They were nervous, I guess I do have a reputation. Everyone knows I don't talk much or socialize.

Finally, the one I have seen before started.

"Hello, I am Guardian Spiridon, primary guardian of Prince Victor Dashkov and this is Guardian Smoke, my partner. Can we sit here with you?", one of them spoke.

"Hello, myself Guardian Belikov, its nice to meet you. Please help yourselves.", I told them.

"So, Guardian Belikov where are you from? You don't look American.", Spiridon said.

"No, I am from Russia, recently reallocated as primary guardian of Princess Vasilisa Dragomir."

"Reallocated? What happened to your previous charge?", Guardian Smoke asked.

I tensed. I don't like to talk about him, it brings all the painful memories and with them the never ending guilt. It was all my fault. If I had been there, if I had not taken that day off, he would have been alive.

"He died.", that's all. He just, died.

"Oh"

"If there is nothing else I need to go.", I asked them. This particular topic makes me uncomfortable.

"Oh. Wait.", Spiridon gave a calculated look to his partner.

"We just wanted to know how was the stakeout? How did you find the girls? You see stakeouts are very rare, we haven't been a part of one yet as you know having a charge does not give an active field experience much so we just wanted to know about the experience.", He continued.

I frowned. They really want to know about the experience or is it something else they are trying to find out? Anyway.

"We arrived at the location and looked for the girls and when it was confirmed they were indeed living there, we observed them for two days and at nightfall we caught and brought them back here."

"That's it?" Guardian Smoke asked looking quite disappointed.

"Yes. That's it."

I tried to be as vague as possible, telling them about the stakeout without sparing any details. No one can know about what we saw in the girls kitchen. I can understand why Rose would do such a thing and that makes me respect her more but what I fail to understand is if Rose can go to an extent to let the Princess feed from her to protect her and keep her alive then why would she take Princess out of this heavily guarded facility? Were they bullied? or maybe the Princess couldn't handle the loss of her family and wanted to get out of here, away from everything and Rose helped her in this. That could be a plausible reason.

I need to tell Guardian Petrov about this, what happened with the girls and how to keep it quiet. She would know how to handle this situation and she cares about Rosemarie enough to do this.

"Was there anything unusual?", Guardian Smoke asked me carefully  like going near a raging psyhound carefully.

"Unusual? What could be unusual about bringing two runaway girls back home?", I asked appearing to be confused.

"Nothing, he meant it like we all know how difficult can Rose Hathaway be after all they kept themselves hidden for two whole years maybe she did something out of ordinary or something like that?." Spriridon tried to cover up being casual about it.

I have had enough of them being cryptic I need to talk to Guadian Petrov about Rose and then I have classes to guard. I finished my meal.

"No, there was nothing unusual. Anyways, it was nice meeting you both but I have to go now." I gave them a respectful nod and left them to their suspicious behaviour. I looked at my watch, I don't have enough time to go talk to Guardian Petrov so I headed to Guardian Alto's class.

_________________________________________

Hello everyone. Here is another chapter. I hope you enjoy it. So sorry for the late update I had a lot going on with my life, internships, college, exams. I'll try to update more from now on. Comment to tell me what do you think of this chapter and give me suggestions for the coming ones. I'll be waiting.

Vote. Comment. Share.