Prologue

Abe's POV

"Abe no, i cant live with you. I need to find another charge." She said.

"But why please don't do this to me my love. You cant leave me. I love you. I love you so much my dear. Pease don't leave me". I pleaded.

"I'm sorry Abe. But i cant live with you now. We both have different lifestyles. I want to work Abe. I cant sit at home and do nothing. You are a mobster and i am a guardian i am trained to be a guardian so please let me be one. And your work is far more dangerous for my... for me. "she corrected quickly.
I frowned. What was she going to say? For my..... what?

" I am dangerous for you what Janie? "
I asked.

" You ar.. are dangerous for me. I was saying you are dangerous for me and now let me go i cant stay here anymore i have already asked for an allocation in court".She said firmly.

And once more fear of losing the love of my life surfaced.

"Please don't leave me Janine. Janie. Darling. Please". I begged.

Suddenly a very loud noise started ringing in my ears.

And i jolted awake with heavy breath and my body drenched in sweat. I switched off my alarm.

"It wasn't a dream". I murmured sadly.

I sat up on my bed took a deep breath and walked to the mirror. Who is this man? It isnt me. I was sad but not this sad. After my family was killed in front of me i swore to take avenge their death and that was when i entered the underworld. I worked for Mr. Masho or several years. He is a 8 years older than me with dark complexion, moustache and a long cut starting just above his left eye and going across to the left side of his lips. He is a dangerous man. Well who am i to judge i am the one who is feared across the half of the world. He was the one who introduced me to the underworld. Its been years i last had a conversation with him but its okay he is a bad news.

I quickly got ready for my day and stood in front of my floor length mirror. I was wearing a navy blue three piece suit with my signature neon yellow chiffon scarf and went out of my luxurious room and was greeted by Pavel, my head guardian.
Pavel was my first guardian. He has been for a very very long time. He was there when me and Janine were together.

I went down the stairs staring at the interiors of my mansion. It isnt the only mansion i have infact i have properties bigger and better than this one. But this one always has a soft spot. I guess it has something to do with my time spent with Janine here. So many memories. I miss her. I miss her a lot. But i guess i dont have love or family in my cards.

I quickly had my breakfast all alone and went to my study. I did my daily routine of getting the updates about all my businesses which is quite a lot might i add. The day was pretty boring till in the evening Pavel got an interesting call.

It was 6:42 pm to be exact and i was sitting in my office having a look at the on going business file when Pavel's phone rang. It was from an unknown number so he put it on speaker.

"Hello, who is this?" Pavel asked.
"Hello, i am Guardian Petrov, head guardian at St. Vladimir's Academy. Can i speak to Zmey?" A lady spoke.
Zmey means snake or a serpent in russian. People gave me that name because of my reputation.

"You speaking to his head guardian. State your business".Pavel replied stoically.

"We want his help in finding two runaway girls one royal moroi and another dhampir who we are unable to find, will he help us?" She asked.
Ran away? Stupid i thought. Pavel looked at me and i nodded asking him to continue.

" State their names"Pavel said.
"Princess Dragomir and novice Rosemarie Hathaway".

I frowned. "Hathaway?". Me and Pavel said at the same time.

"Um.. yeah. She is Guardian Janine Hathaway's daughter".She said awkwardly.

My eyes widened. Janine's daughter? She has a daughter? From another man? She moved on? Ofcourse she moved on. And i am still stuck on the same page since 18 years.

Pavel looked at me with sad eyes but then turned blank the other second in which every guardian is expert in. To not show emotions. If i didnt know him very well i would think that it is just my eyes playing a prank on me.

"How old are they?" Pavel asked.
"The both are 17 years old and has been in the human world for almost 2 years now" She informed.

17 years? Janine left 18 years ago.
"You are far more dangerous for my... for me". Janine had said. Maybe her slip up wasn't an accident maybe she was pregnant and was talking about the child. I cant be sure but there is a good chance that this girl is mine. I was hopeful but then scared. She has been in the human world for almost two years unprotected, in constant danger of strigoi. My change of expressions didn't go unnoticed by Pavel.

"Send me all the details i'll inform him". Pavel said and ended the call. He looked at me with uncertainty but i was dumbfounded. "She has a daughter" i murmured. Then i turned my cold self. "I want each and every detail of the girl and for god sake find them!".

In a week's time i had each and every detail on the girls i could get including there current location and already informed the academy. But i told Alberta, the head guardian not to tell anyone that we found her and to do everything discretely. I don't want my involvement to be known just yet.

Name:  Novice Rosemarie Hathaway

Age:  17 years

Date of birth:  14 July XXXX

Mother's name:  Guardian Janine Hathaway

Father's name:  Anonymous

Type:  Dhampir

Complexion:  Dark

Height:  5'7

Missing for two years with Princess Vasilisa Dragomir.

Behaviour:  Indisciplined, bad mouthed, smart, brave, dedicated, passionate, troublemaker.

Friends:  Novice Mason Ashford, Novice Edward Castile, Princess Vasilisa Dragomir

Likes:  Chocolate glazed donuts, junk food

Dislikes:  Healthy food

I have a picture of her childhood which isn't clear either so couldn't take out anything useful from it but her personality is more or less like mine. Funny, smart, dedicated, attitude, troublemaker, loving. I really do want to meet her. I am hoping she is my child and if she is, a certain Janine Hathaway has a lot of explaining to do. I wont ever let her off of this so easily. But even if she is not i know i'll like her because she is Janine's daughter. God i loved her so much.

Loved? Seriously? My subconscious said.

Okay okay. Love. I still love her. Still am head over heels in love with her. Oh god i am sounding like a lovesick teenager. I guess love makes you a teenager.

I hope the team they sent to bring the girls ars good. But i heard Dimitri Belikov is in it so it would not be that bad. He is a good kid. A family man.

I will have to wait to meet the girl, i cant just barge in into her life. First i have to make sure that the girl is mine only then i can take a step. I will have to take every step very carefully. But i sincerely hope that the kid is mine. I always wanted to have a family but i have a dangerous profession so it wasn't possible. I also cant let any of my enemies know that i have a family member otherwise they will stop at nothing to destroy her.

Great. Just great. It isnt even confirmed that she is my child and i am already planning on how to protect her.

Don't worry Rosemarie i will protect you even if you are not mine. I promise.
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Hello everyone! So how was it? Was it good should i continue? I want to. So lets see how the story continues. Babye.