Chapter 8: Recovery

“Come on Sebby, you can do it!” Encouraged the nurse, Sebastian had begun to regain the use of his legs after the injury, and was learning to walk again. This make shift hospital was dirty, covered in grime and dirt. It hadn’t helped that he had been suffering withdrawal symptoms a long time, and doctors had needed to restrain him when he had his fits and seizures. This was the third attempt at walking since the injury, but he hadn’t even had crutches, or a wheel chair, he had stayed in his bed and been unmoving for months, which felt like years. Doctors brung his food to him, and had checked up on him once or twice a day. He hadn’t seen or heard anything from Kirsa, except a small glimpse as she past his room, and he called out to her, but she had either not heard him, or he had been blatantly ignored.

That was why he wanted to walk so much, to speak to her. Who was he kidding? She probably didn’t remember his name, there were hundreds in the building. But nonetheless, if need be he’d introduce himself again, but he needed to walk first. Sebastian pushed himself up on the bars, and stood up straight, putting all his weight on his hands, he was sweating from the effort, and the nurse was still stood, with a positive grin on her face. “Come on Sebastian! You can do it, two more steps!” She was right, he didn’t have to go far, he could do this. He slowly brung his right foot forward, and put a little bit of weight on it, ready for pain. But there came none, instead he found that he was able to briefly support himself, he took one more step, and found his left wasn’t as strong, and he fell and crumpled to the ground.

The nurse helped him get up, her grin changing to that of worry. She was good looking, with a small figure, and brown eyes, and short red hair. But she was nothing compared to Kirsa, Kirsa was… Perfect. Just the thought of her seemed to give him the life he needed to get back up. The nurse stared at him in awe, he had got up as if nothing was wrong with him. He grabbed hold of the metal bars again and took one more step and was at the end, he had done it! Happiness and pride filled his chest, and as if things couldn’t get any better, in walked Kirsa.

With a small dismissive wave of her hand, Kirsa ordered the nurse to leave the room. “Look who’s walking.” “Look who’s talking.” And she frowned a little bit, “What’s that supposed to mean?” He leant back and put all his weight on the bar. “It means you’ve been ignoring me.” “When?” Now in truth he had only called out once, but a small lie to make her feel a twinge of guilt wouldn’t hurt anyone. “4 days ago, when you walked past my room, and 2 days before that.” And it seemed to have worked. “Oh- well… I apologise, truly.” And he seemed to brighten and straighten up a little bit “Accepted, now what is it you want?” and she looked as if he had asked her to formulate a solution to the world’s biggest math equation.

“Oh well, I- I just wanted to see how you were, after we haven’t spoken in… months.” “And whose fault is that? Not mine, I can’t walk.” And she looked sad “Yes, you’re right, it’s my fault.” And she took a step closer to him, hanging her head. “Yes it is, but you’re forgiven. I nearly went insane, locked in a room for months with no human contact, the only thing keeping me human were my withdrawal fits.” She had nearly forgotten he had an addiction, and drew her head up and took another step closer. Her face was still as beautiful as ever, but the sadness looked out of place on it.

He tried standing but failed miserably, before falling and in the blink of an eye being caught by her soft, warm hands. "Quick reflexes you got there" said Sebastian. "Yeah, it becomes habitual after so much... fighting." With her help, he straightened up, and looked at her. They were less than a foot away from each other and Sebastian could guess what was going to happen next. Sebastian leaned towards her, tilting his head to the left a little bit, and their lips hardly brushed against each other. Kirsa brung her right hand around his the back of his neck and pulled him closer to her, and their lips crashed against one another in a fierce fashion, as if they were trying to get the other one to back down. But none did.

Kirsa didn't shy away, or break the kiss, she put her free left hand on his chest and leaned in. Sebastian broke the kiss, he could barely handle his own weight never mind hers. Kirsa chided herself for her foolishness and stood up, helping up Sebastian with her. Before any could say a word it had begun anew, both of them knowing this is what they wanted. He didnt have time to draw in breath, and left the kiss breathing heavily.

She walked to the other side of the room and came back with a pair of crutches. "You'll need these Sebby." and he took them and held them firmly, before saying "Don't call me Sebby." and she looked offended. "Why not Sebastian? The nurse called you it and you were fine." he started to hobble to the door whilst speaking "Firstly, the nurse has a name, she's called Mel. And secondly, I prefer Sebastian because I like the sound of it on your lips, it's like music to my ears."

She returned back to her normal face of happiness, and glee before saying "Well that's too bad isnt it? Because I only know one thing I want to use my lips for." And she kissed him softly, and gently. Before she strode off towards the doorway. "Don't go!" he said, and immediately realised how needy he must have looked. She looked puzzled and tilted her head to the side. "What are you talking about? You're coming with me." and he started moving to the doorway, slowly. "Where are we going?" and she flashed a quick grin, with a small smirk of mischief.

                                                                      "My Bedroom."