Chapter 4: Imprisoned

As Sebastian awoke, he had only one thought. and that was; "Where am I?" The bag was still on his head, and he could figure out that he was sat on a chair, with his hands and legs bound. He heard footsteps circling him and he spoke aloud

''Who's there?'' and at first there was no reply, until a woman's voice said

''I am Mistress Welfgud, Heiress of the great Welfgud legacy.'' That made his location pretty obvious, he was in Welfgud manor, but that raised a question, where was welfgud manor? He had heard Daniel speak of it a few times, but he didnt know where it was.

''Wha- What do you want with me Mistress Welfgud?'' and she sharply replied ''I want you to tell me why Daniel is dead.'' Well, that was easy enough. ''He was shot by Jeric Darzell, As was I.'' ''You were? You dont look very... Dead, to me, and I should know, Ive killed a lot of people.'' ''Evidently, I wasnt killed, I was shot in the back of the leg.'' ''You were? Do you need medical attention?'' She sounded to genuinely care for his well being. ''Yes, I would like that very much''  ''Well too bad, tell me how Daniel died, and we will treat you.'' Obviously there was a catch, there always was. ''I already told you, Jeric killed him'' ''Jeric Darzell? Mr. Darzell's right hand man?'' Sebastian felt his heart sink, It was bad enough he had killed a darzell, but an Important one? He was screwed. ''Yeah... thats the one.'' He probably shouldnt be sarcastic with someone who could kill him easily, guilt free, and without consequence. But this was Sebastian, he was naturally like this, he added ''Oh and while we're at it, can you take this bag off? That'd be great.''

He felt the bag be gently removed from his head, and he opened his eyes to see his surroundings, Mistress Welfgud was in front of him, walking up and down the room, whoever had taken the bag off must be standing behind him, as there were only 3 people in front of him, Mistress Welfgud and two armed... 'Thugs' was the only suitable word for them. Behind them were... Bars, he was in a cell, perfect. He tried to focus but his head was spinning, not from the blow earlier, he had gone 3 days without his dosage of drugs, and withdrawal symptoms were already starting to creep up on him.  He felt a throbbing pain in his left wrist, it was the hole which he injected into. ''Happy now? Mr...'' ''Dognert'' He replied.

''Sebastian Dognert.''

''Well then, Mr. Dognert, I really tire of this, who killed Daniel?'' Sebastian looked puzzled, ''Are you deaf? I told you it wa-'' but he was interrupted by a slap, clearly from Mistress Welfgud. ''How dare you disrespect and INSULT me! You should be grateful you are alive.'' ''I- I- I meant no disrespect Mistress, I simply mean-'' ''I dont care WHAT you meant! Now, tell me who killed Daniel Paigerson, and we can find revenge.'' And, as if something had clicked in Sebastian's mind, it made much more sense, the Darzell's and Welfgud's were big crime families, if people found out the Darzell's had attacked the Welfguds, they would either sense weakness, or raise up to fight alongside the Welfgud's, but if a gang war did come about, the would lose, they were hoping for a false confession out of Sebastian, so they could pin it all on him, Murder him, and avoid a war that would destroy the Welfgud's. Thats why she kept asking, she couldnt accept that Jeric had killed Daniel.

''Mistress-'' She sighed, ''Oh how I tire of that title, refer to me as Belinda.'' ''Yes Ma'am, Belinda, I know what you're trying to do, avoid a war with the Darzell's. Its no secret they're the more powerful family, and its no wonder considering they arose to crime four generations before you.'' and he braced himself for pain, but there came none. ''You are a smart man Sebastian, you have it right. A war would destroy us, we witnessed everything, we saw Jeric kill Daniel, and you kill Jeric, and we shot the boy. War is inevitable.'' and to which sebastian replied ''If it's inevitable as you say, why am I here?'' she turned to face him, with her cold, sharp eyes. they were a neon green, what an odd colour, yet beautiful. She had long black hair, and a short nose, her mouth looked as if she was making it as small as possible physically, but all her other facial features were relaxed, telling Sebastian that her mouth was normally that small.  ''To postpone it.''  ''How? My death?'' ''Yes, exactly. We have to sadly let the Darzell's get away with this one.''  As she spoke, his eyes became heavy, he needed to sleep and she noticed this, and her expressionless face twisted into a vicious grin.  ''Aww, wickle Sebwastian is sweepy'' She said in a purposely childish voice. ''Well, How about we let him sweep? And see if he is ready to confwess tomorrow?'' Tomorrow wasnt very important to Sebastian, sleeping was, now. And with that, he slowly drifted into the land of dreams beyond.

He woke with a start, and jumped a little. There was a guard behind him, but none in front. He knew this because a voice from behind him said ''Look who's waking up over here.'' ''Eh? Oh shut up, You're just a lackey from the Welfguds'' and apart from a small grunt of annoyance, the man did as instructed. His hands had gone numb, they were bound together with rope. He rolled them around a little bit, and to his great surprise, the bondage started to come loose. He couldnt believe his luck. He turned the chair to face the guard, so he couldnt see as he slipped off his bindings.  ''What do you want, ugly?'' Siad the guard, and sebastian was offended, he was by no means ugly. He had long blonde hair, that came down past his ears, and bright green eyes. His nose wasnt long as such, but it was bigger than 'Normal sized'.

The man wore A balaclava, so Sebastian retorted ''Take off the mask coward, im sure you're not much better.''  By this point, Sebastian had completely freed his hands, and if he was going to fight the guard, he may as well do it now. He wasnt far from the guard,if he stood up, he could easily jump into the man, and hit him with the chair. And afterwards... he'd just have to see how it goes. He leaped up and got a firm grip on the chair, and he threw it at the man, he followed it up by hopping towards the man and punching him in the face, twice. The man was panicking, he had clearly not been taught anything about physical combat. He put his hands on his head and crouched, hoping it would protect him, Sebastian grabbed the chair, and hit him over the top with it. the man fell unconscious. He felt the man for any weapons (other than his rifle) and found a knife, If he was going to sneak out, stealth was his best option. walking round with a rifle, shooting anything that moved wasnt a good way to remain anonymous. He took the knife and cut the rope binding his feet. He looked at the unconscious guard, for now, he wasnt a threat, but when he woke he would try to kill him. He made a split second decision, he got on his knees, and raised the knife above his headand brung it down towards the mans neck.

Now that that had been handled, and he had done what he did every time he killed, he retrieved the mans keys and walked towards the cell door, he unlocked it and opened the gate, slipped out and locked it behind him.