forty ▋cross my heart and hope to die

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Wooyoung didn't exactly know how he ended up where he was. The last thing he remembered was trying to follow after Mari in the nearly pitch black manor, the sounds of gunshots and screams from power struggles echoing off the walls. They had tried to stick close to the walls of the manor, out of the middle of the fight against Mari's will. As much as the girl itched to throw herself straight into the middle of a fight, Wooyoung had to keep her on track. They weren't trying to start a massacre, they were trying to find Jaerin.

Though Wooyoung doubted Jaerin would be in the Seo Manor anymore. The girl was as soft as dough, she nearly cried when Mari had attacked out of pure frustration and she wasn't even armed with a weapon. Why in the world would the Lee Faction heir stay in the manor where the fight is occurring? She most likely had run away the moment the Kim Faction had signaled the beginning of their assault on the Seo Manor.

Despite his very many doubts that were brewing up in his head, he continued to follow after Mari. He had no choice but to do so, not when there was a possibility of her being hunted down by a pack of wolves. He'd rather die than let Mari be mauled to death by the people who were planning to kill her father and murdered her mother in cold blood. Plus, the girl was absolutely unstoppable at the moment.

In a sense, she was like a cobra. Slithering through the darkest parts of the room and waiting for her chance to strike. Mari's anger was her venom, festering, and growing stronger within until she found her prey and was able to attack now that she was provoked. She really did live up to that snake ring on her hand, the basic embodiment of an infuriated snake.

Somewhere along the line, however, the two were separated. Mari was no longer in his sights, long gone and off somewhere running around the manor in a fit of rage. He was supposed to stay by her in order to keep her from making some sort of irrational decision or being attacked by their enemies, not only Yeosang but her own father had appointed him to do so. Yet here he was, confused on where exactly he was and what was going on.

He had entered a room trying to find her, squinting hard and hoping that his eyes would adjust to the darkness of the manor. He was standing right in the door frame, not daring to walk in without any sort of backup to follow behind him. "I'm not that stupid..." Wooyoung mumbled, carefully peering towards the eerily silent room. Everywhere else in the manor was bustling with action and noise but this singular room was quiet and it simply didn't sit right with his stomach.

He tried to back away from the room, turning his heel into a totally different direction until he felt a hand grab at his ankle from the shrouded darkness. Wooyoung bit back a scream of pure terror, caught off guard, and immediately assumed it to be one of the soldiers who had fallen in battle with the rival faction. However, the hand was warm and alive, digging their nails into his skin and dragging him back into the darkness of the room. The boy grabbed a hold of the door frame, trying to keep himself from being pulled away by the mysterious person and shaking them off his ankle.