twenty three ▋all to zero

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"I did as much searching as I could for you," Yeosang explained, handing Mari a manila file folder. She cautiously took it in her hands, examining the file closely as he continued to talk. "The Underboss was very adamant on keeping this information for himself, just in case any potential spies on the inside tried to figure out what we're planning. I was able to get my hands on it after talking to a few soldiers and associates that work closely with him, just make sure to keep this under wraps."

The file Yeosang had handed her was completely official, the mark of the Seo Faction stamped onto its cover in blood red ink. It was a deck of playing cards, though the ace card had been replaced with the figure of a viper on it. Just like the Kim Faction, they had their own insignia of sorts they used to identify themselves, but they didn't flaunt it around on accessories as the rival faction did. They only used it to make sure important information that came from the Underboss, Consigliere, or the boss themselves was authentic.

"And this is absolutely everything I need to know about those guys that attacked me at the Utopia?" Mari questioned him, standing in the doorway to her room. It had only been a day since the Utopia incident, where the fight club burned to the ground thanks to Kim Faction's destructive ways. She and her little trio had all escaped the warehouse before it finally collapsed on itself and burnt to a crisp, just barely without any more injuries.

Jongho had immediately been taken in by the Lee Faction the moment they reached the rendezvous point away from the chaos around the fight club. He was the most injured out of the distraction trio, sustaining several wounds from his opponent in the ring. Mari didn't even get to thank him for his continuous perseverance in such a horrible situation he had been placed in. The entire faction has surrounded him and their fellow harmed members in a quick frenzy, engulfing them into their ranks and quickly escaping the scene.

Mari and Wooyoung met up with San, who had been standing on the outside of the rendezvous waiting for their return. It would have been a cliche moment of them coming back together and apologizing to each other had Wooyoung decided to hang on for just a little bit longer. He had dropped his knees in a heartbeat, wheezing and coughing as he struggled to intake the clean air outside of the warehouse. The Underboss and a few other members of the faction came to his aid, helping him off the ground as he continued to cough.

He and Jongho both had been standing in the building without any protection on their faces, exposed to the fire and inhaling the fumes absentmindedly. They had held out for a while and most likely intended to make it look like they were fine until they were in private. Mari didn't know about Jongho's situation, but Wooyoung didn't last very long. They whisked her friend away immediately to try and get him the treatment he needed as soon as possible, leaving both San and Mari in the dust.

"Well... not everything," Yeosang commented, breaking her thoughts with his voice. "The group that had attacked you seems relatively new, the faction has never seen a unit like this come together to target one person like assassins. Plus due to the fact that you couldn't describe to us their facial appearances... we couldn't track them down individually. We currently only have small amounts of information that our intelligence team could actually find."