thirty nine ▋end of the beginning

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"Come on, come on!" Mari hissed, rushing San through the door to her room. As soon as he slipped inside she closed the door behind them, pausing a few moments to listen for anyone who might have been trying to follow him. After a few moments of silence, she let out a relieved sigh before turning towards everyone in the room. "Alright, are we all here and accounted for?"

Wooyoung sat on Mari's bed with his legs spread out to leave no room for anyone else, giving the girl a thumbs up in reply to her question. Yeosang stood next to the bed, an annoyed and frustrated glare burning holes into the side of his head for being so inconsiderate of everyone else in the room. Jongho was in the room sitting politely on the floor as well. He seemed to be the most confused out of everyone inside, which was fair enough since they had grabbed the boy by the shirt collar and dragged him into Mari's room without taking any questions.

"Yeah, this is everyone," San replied after counting each person in the room. These were the only people Mari could trust with information about Jaerin, everyone else would either be a suspect aiding the Lee Faction girl in her betrayal or simply wouldn't believe the four teens about their accusation. "There weren't that many of us to begin with anyway."

"Question!" Jongho exclaimed, shooting his hand up in the air as if he was in class. The others turned their heads towards him curiously as he stood up off of the ground. "I'm supposed to be going on a mission today with members of the Seo and Lee Faction to scout out the area for any intruders. Is this going to take long cause I don't wanna make anyone mad because of my absence."

"No promises," Wooyoung shrugged. "This is probably more important than scouting out for intruders anyways. The real enemy is within our ranks already."

Jongho turned to the boy with a puzzled expression, completely out of the loop on what was going on. He opened his mouth to ask another question but Wooyoung simply reached down to cover his mouth with his hands. "Shh, just listen and you'll start to understand okay? We don't have time to explain the whole situation over again." The boy nodded in response, his muffled answer quickly overshadowed by Yeosang who stood up to his rather small but full height.

"I've done a bit of searching in my own time," He told them. "Looking into Jaerin's background as well as the Lee Faction's background to see if their neutrality had been a hoax and if Jaerin had previous interactions with the Kim Faction before meeting the Seo Faction. Unfortunately, the history of neutrality stands strong and to the knowledge I could gather from researching and questioning the soldiers in the Lee Faction, she wasn't very involved in this part of her life for a very long time."

Jongho's look of pure bewildering didn't go overlooked, his brain slowly beginning to string together pieces of the puzzle to understand what was going on. "You're saying she wasn't involved with any of the Lee Faction's business with other factions, at all?" San asked.