Chapter 10: I believe you are a freak

"You can't be serious! I cannot believe this..." I heard Liam telling Sabrina.

"I'm serious. She started the fire. Trust me, she's dangerous and you're in danger with her!" I couldn't believe that Sabrina was telling Liam, my only friend, that I started the fire. He was the only good thing that came into my life until the day I started to draw... She has everything. Can't she, at least, let me have Liam?

"I have proof! " She continued when she saw that Liam wasn't agreeing with her. Proof? What proof? I didn't start the fire, so I cannot think of anything that would make me the one who burned the library.

Suddenly, their voices were feeling distant. I couldn't hear what she was telling him. They were going away. I have to hear the rest and see what proof she has against me. When I finally went out from my hidden place, I found an empty hallway. They were already out of the school and probably much too far away from me...

When I got out from the school, I saw that Sabrina was still there and I think she might have waited for me. I saw a devilish spark in her eyes when they met mine. She was coming toward me. That wasn't a great thing!

"Hello freak." she greeted me with her fake smile.

"What do you want?" I asked in a harsh tone, really not wanting to talk to her at all.

"I just wanted to tell you that Liam will no longer be your friend. Not after he learned that you burnt our library..." She told me proudly. I said nothing, I'm not gonna give her the satisfaction of seeing me breaking down, because of her mean actions. When she saw I wasn't gonna say something, she spoke again. "Don't worry Sammy, you're used to being alone." And with that, she walked away from me.

I could feel the anger rising inside of me. I was about to explode. She has no right to tell lies to Liam behind my back. I didn't start the fire and she damn well knows it! Liam can be friends with the two of us. He made through two months. He could continue for a while right?

"You're not a bad girl Sabrina." I got her attention again, and I wasn't about to let her go like this. I saw her coming back to me. She didn't look impressed nor afraid.

"Excuse me?" She said in a hard tone.

For a brief moment, the memory of the two of us as kids, playing with dolls in her house rushed into my head. "Remember when we use to be best friends?"

"That was in another life." Her voice cracked a little and her mean tone dropped.

"No. That's not true and you're just trying to forget this part of your life and I know it. I know it because I used to know you so well. But now that you're friends with Vanessa, I don't recognize you anymore. You've changed, the day you became her friend. Don't do this to yourself Sab." There was an awkward silence after my little, but touching speech. I mean, I told her what I've wanted to tell her since I got into highschool and since she met Vanessa.

"Vanessa didn't change me at all. This," She said pointing to herself. "This, is the real me. When I was younger, I didn't know you were dangerous. Now, I know and I’m trying to protect Liam from you, as well." Really? I know she was lying and I think that's what hurt the most.

After hearing this, I just walked away. I saw that there was nothing I could do to bring back my old best friend. I've lost her forever. Let's just hope that Liam will listen to me more than he would listen to Sabrina...

While I was walking home, I was trying to find a way to tell Liam about the things I've heard Sabrina telling him. I was trying to think about something to tell him, maybe begging him to still be my friend wouldn't be a great idea...

I walked to his front door and rang the doorbell. No answer. I knocked. Seems like no one was home. I'll come back later. If I still find the courage in me...