Chapter 23: Surprise...

Sorry for the very long wait guys! We've been pretty busy... 

Anyways, enjoy!! xx

______________

***LIAM'S POV***

“Hello Miss Mayer! I am Justin, a doctor who studies the comportment between teenagers, and your kid has been chosen to experiment… no, his life isn’t in danger… yes, he agreed to this… he will be back as soon as possible… yes he will be able to call you every day… of course!… have a good day Miss Mayer! Bye! “

Justin hung up with my mother. I guess it was serious now; I was going to be a hunter. Of course I don’t want to hunt gifted people, but for now, Justin needs to believe me. I don’t know how long my training will last, but that lock of hair was really beginning to confuse me.

Cut it, Cut it,

You know you don’t need it.

The sooner you do,

If only you knew

What this thing can do to you

Just get rid of it

Or you’ll regret it.

I needed it to come out. What is the matter with this lock? I mean, it is just hair… maybe I should cut it.

That was the second thing I thought the most about. The first is obviously Sam. I really hope that Megan had the time to explain to her my plan. I told her once that I could sacrifice myself for her, that’s what I’m doing. And the more I think about it, the more I want to admit my love to her. Before it’s too late. I don’t want to be pessimist, but I mean, where is this plan going anyway? It saves us time, that’s all it does, and only for the moment. And I want her to know that I think of her as more than a friend. But I also know that me being the bad boy with the reputation and all, I will never get the courage to tell her such things. 

This is the sad part of the story. No, the worst part would be her falling in love with Jeremy. He can’t be her type, well I hope not. Jeremy looks like a nice guy. And everybody knows that nice guys finish last. This is like obvious. Every girl wants the badass that will turn good for her. That's the way fairytales are built.

“What is that?” Justin asked me looking at the piece of paper in my hand. My poem.

“It’s nothing, just some text I wrote because I was bored” I said casually.

“Don’t underestimate your powers Liam! This might be interesting, it may reveal a part of Sam’s intentions of going or whatever… Give it to me” He grabbed the paper and read it out loud.

“Cut it, Cut it,

You know you don’t need it.

The sooner you do

If only you knew

What this thing can do to you

Just get rid of it

Or you’ll regret it.”

I hate when people read my poems! It’s like a girl thing, poem and art and whatever. Why do I have to get the most girly gift of them all? I could've gotten the music gift and become an awesome musician, but no, I got stuck with 'poems'. And now Justin is laughing. Why?

“Why are you laughing?” I asked.

“Because this poem is really funny. You see, you can’t cut your lock of hair, you absolutely need it. It is one of the most important things you need to be a hunter. The lock and of course, your tracking power that will lead me to what I want which is Samantha.”