Chapter 25: Reactions

***ANDREW’S POV***

When Lucy said Jeremy was our son, I expected the worst and let me tell you that running away from the house wasn’t an option I thought he’d do. I was a little surprised, but the look on Lucy’s face told me she knew it might go this way. As soon as I registered that Jeremy was out of the house, I followed him and no one stopped me.

When I got outside of Lucy’s house, Jeremy was nowhere near the house. But I did see a boy running further down the street. I instantly knew it was him. I got into my car and followed him from behind. I really didn’t know where he was heading and since he started walking, I stopped because I didn’t want him to know I was behind him.

I stopped my car at a street corner and waited for Jeremy to be further away so I could start the car again. Wait a minute, what am I doing? Following my newfound son and thinking that maybe he’ll talk to me, knowing that I’m his worst enemy and that I can kill him easily for power. Yeah, I can, but I won’t because he’s my son and he has got some of my blood his veins.

 Jeremy turned the corner on a street that I knew. It seems to me that he’s going to see Justin. But why him? My other son’s a gift hunter as well, why on earth would he go see Justin? As I predicted, Jeremy rang the doorbell of Justin’s house. Justin answered and let Jay inside. I parked the car on the street and waited for Jeremy to come back outside. Then I’ll try and talk to him.

I went to see Justin today. While Lucy was talking with Samantha and Jeremy, I went out, saying I had some things to figure out in the city. Actually, I had wanted to see my other son’s progress. I trained him after all and I wanted to see if my training worked. He told me that he had not  killed a gifted person yet, but he’s now training someone as well. I was disappointed to learn that my son didn’t become more powerful with the years, but happy that he didn’t quit being a gift hunter like Lucy. Why in the world did she quit being a gift hunter? Must have been after our separation. I remember the day I broke up with her. She seemed devastated. She couldn’t believe I ditched her for a gifted person. Well, I’m a real gift hunter and my attraction to gifted person is stronger than anything else in the world. That’s why I came back here. I came back to kill the daughter of Luke Fairol. His daughter is the most powerful gifted person I’ve ever met.  I didn’t even know it was possible to have so many gifts. I was pretty pleased when Lucy called me a month ago, saying that we had a son and that she had found him. To say I was shocked would be an understatement, but when she told me where he was living, I knew they were all in the same city. Lucy, Jeremy, Justin and of course, my new target, Samantha Fairol. That’s why I decided to come for a  visit.

I now have a plan and I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to kill Samantha. Then, I’ll probably try to kill Lucy, because now she’s gifted as well. After, I’ll leave the city as soon as possible, not to be tempted to kill my son. I cannot kill someone with my blood running through their body. It will reduce my power and I really can’t let that happen, but on the other hand, I can’t leave a gifted person undead. That’s not how I roll, but I still can’t leave Jeremy alive when I go away from this city. What can I do?

I thought about it for a minute and then the brightest idea of all-time hit me. I quickly composed Justin’s number and waited impatiently for him to answer.

“Father? Why didn’t you tell me I had a step brother?” I smiled to myself even though he couldn’t see me smile.

“Speaking of Jay. I have a favor to ask you… Meet me outside, at the end of your street, now.” And with those final words, I ended the phone call and waited for one of my sons to come and join me.

 ****Liam’s pov****

I am a prisoner. A prisoner in the house where my “master” is keeping me. but what can I do? I can’t tell anyone without putting them in danger. I guess I’ll need to figure this out by myself.