Chapter 7: Those things are gifts?

---------------------------------------------

I'm beautiful in my way

Cause God makes no mistakes

I'm on the right track, baby

I was born this way

Don't hide yourself in regret."

As soon as I heard those lyrics from Lady Gaga, I turned off my radio. Born this way! I'm pretty sure she wasn't talking about a freak girl who just learnt that she has been gift by 'God' to help people prevent some huge disaster. Actually, I'm positive that she wasn't talking about my case at all!

I was grateful that Lucy told me everything she knew, but now, I think I need some time to proceed everything...

Mom was downstairs and Dad was away. He left as soon as he finished arguing with my mom. Not long after, mother came to check-up on me and I saw she has been crying. Her red puffy eyes couldn't hide anything. I felt bad for her. He was an awful man and she knew it. She just hasn't the guts to tell him or worse, leave him...

I tried to confort her a little but she pushed me away. I think she wants to be strong for me even if I know she's weak. Maybe the fact that aunt Lucy is back didn't help the relationship my mom and dad were having, but still, I'm sorry for them. I didn't see Lucy since yesterday. Since my dad told her to return from where she came...

Argg. Today is the come back to school. It's going to be such a mess since the fire. We almost got a complete week off. Must take time to get every book out of the burned library. They probably kept the books who were still good and the bad ones they threw them away.

I didn't reply to that mysterious person who sent me that text message, but I can assure you it's somebody from school. The more I thought about this weird text and the less I feel threatened. My life sucks already, everyone already hates me. It's certainly not a little new story, invented or not, that's gonna change what this town thinks of me. Maybe it will get worse, but I got nothing left to lose.

I was walking to school and thinking about everything Lucy learnt me yesterday. After she told me that we've been gifted, I wanted to know more. The fact that she has purple eyes, like mine means that I'm not alone. My aunt has been in the same condition as me. She also said that this town hasn't changes at all. She too was called 'freak' when she was younger. She had to leave this awful town if she wanted to live. There was no futhur possibies here for her with everybody hating her. After those confidences, I was glad to have her around now. I meant that I wasn't alone anymore. Somebody will look out after me. Somebody understand what I was going threw with this lame life of mine. I so thankful to have Lucy back. I don't care what my parents think of that.

"There she is!" An unknown boy shouted pointing me. Everybody's eyes were focus on me now. Some looked confused, others were giving me bad looks, but only Sabrina was smiling evilly at me. "It's her right?" the boy from earlier was now confirming something with Sabrina. This couldn't be good at all.

"Yeah, it's her!" said Sabrina in her little annoying voice. I couldn't belive we use to be best friends! That must have been in a whole different world. A better one for sure.

"Can somebody tell me what's the reason behind all this stupid attention?!" I asked annoyed! It's like everybody knew something about me that I didn't.

"Is it true that your freak aunt is back?" said Vanessa, coming from nowhere-land. I could see there was digust in her eyes. My aunt was fine. Like me! We were two freaks! I swear that if someday, i draw Vanessa or her little friends close to a disaster, I won't help them.