chapter twelve

travis

cooper kissed him.

cooper was his first kiss.

the brunette was so deeply in love.

"you were my first kiss," the smaller boy breathed.

he admired the blonde boy as he stepped back once again and looked travis up and down. he knew this was the person he wanted to spend the rest of his days with.

then the door was unlocked.

the principal and the security guards flooded in, pulling cooper away from the boy he loved.

it was now thursday and it was also the last day of cooper's suspension. but that mean it was also the last day of cameron's.

well you win some you lose some i guess.

travis made his way to fourth period and sat down in his seat. everyone thought cooper was even more of a bad ass now and all the girls were talking about him and how hot he was. and now that he came out as bi, so were all the gay guys.

he couldn't believe that the only boy he had ever loved happened to be bi. the one boy he loved in his 17 years of living.

travis was about to pull out his sketchbook in his own little world when another boy sat in cameron's seat. he looked over at the person to see the one and only josh. "oh hey josh," he gave a friendly smile to the boy.

"hey travis, uhh i know this is really sudden, but would you like to go to dinner with me?" the poor boy looked so nervous, but travis knew it would be a date, and travis didn't like him like that.

josh

travis scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "like a date?"

"yeah, kinda," he twiddled his thumbs, not wanting to look at the other brunette.

"uhh, i'm sorry, josh," he glanced at josh before proceeding to pull out a sketchbook, "i'm kind of talking to someone right now."

josh's heart sank. he knew travis would reject him. he knew the boy he had a crush on was too good for him.

"it's cooper, isn't it?"

travis nodded.

without saying anything else, josh got up and walked away, seemingly disappointed.

he chuckled to himself.

travis

travis caught josh staring at him a couple of times, but he ignored it. he felt bad, but he knew that saying yes would cause problems. he had known the dark haired boy had liked him, he just didn't know when he was gonna try to make a move.

the class ended relatively quickly and travis quickly rushed to his locker and grabbed his trumpet, shoving things he didn't need into his locker. he slammed his locker shut and without looking turned around, walking right into someone.

"oh, i'm so sor-"

it was eric.

"hey man, i'm really sorry about what happene-"

"save it. i don't want or need your pity. if you wanna think of me like that, go ahead. i won't stop you. your friends may think differently," travis looked eric in the eyes only to find the hurt and sadness running around in circles.

eric

"travis please," eric put a hand on the curly-haired boy's shoulder, "i'm actually genuinely sorry. he just told me he needed to talk to you. i didn't know he was gonna do that to you," he sighed, frustrated with himself and cameron.