chapter nine

cooper

"they did WHAT?" cooper was beyond pissed off. he was on a whole new plane of mad. cam, one of his best friends. and eric, one of his good friends. he couldn't believe it but he knew travis was telling the truth.

travis only nodded.

cooper got up and paced around his room, "im gonna fucking kill them. im gonna fucking murder them with my bare hands."

"it's okay coop, ill just go home," travis tried to sit up and he hissed in pain.

"no travis don't you dare listen to them."

"but you've been friends with them longer."

travis was right, but cooper felt sick to his stomach and didn't want the truth to come out just yet, "i don't care, im calling your mom and telling her you're staying here for the night." cooper pulled out his phone and dialed travis' mom's number.

"hello? is everything alright?" his mom sounded worried that it wasn't her own son calling her.

"yes, ms locke, it's cooper. i was just calling to ask if it's alright if travis crashes at my place tonight," his natural tone turned into a questioning one towards the end of his sentence.

"oh hi honey, yeah that's alright, just have him call me before he comes home, alright?"

"will do," cooper smiled at travis who was patiently waiting to hear any response, "thanks, bye." he hung up the phone and threw it next to travis.

"did she say yes?" travis waited eagerly for a response from the blonde boy.

cooper nodded, "i think your mom likes me."

"definitely."

cooper laid on the bed next to the hurting travis before he heard a small, inaudible mumble come from him.

"what's that?"

travis looked at his hands shyly, feeling bad for asking for something, "can i have some advil?"

"you've gotta eat before you take it, ill get you a banana and some water too, that work?" cooper began to get up, stretching and groaning.

"yeah, thanks coopie... a lot. thanks for talking to me on monday, thanks for being late," he sighed contently.

cooper smiled at the smaller boy, "it's no problem, trav, thanks for not ignoring me," he chuckled before leaving the room.

travis waited patiently for cooper to return.

he returned with everything he said he would have. he handed travis the banana and set the pill bottle and a glass of water down on his bedside table where travis could reach.

"so trav?"

"hmm?"

"so are you like... actually gay?" he didn't wanna offend the curly-haired boy so he didn't look at travis as he asked the question he deemed to be stupid.

"yeah, i am," he smiled before he took another bite of his banana.

"oh, okay. sorry, i didn't wanna offend you or anything," the wavy-haired boy scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"no, you're fine, coopie," travis finished his banana and folded up the peel.

awe that's so cute.

cooper grabbed the trash can and took it over to travis so he could throw away the peel. travis tossed it into the bin and cooper returned it to its spot as travis took his medicine.

"is it okay if i sleep here coopie? it hurts to get up," travis frowned at cooper.

"yeah it's totally okay. ill sleep on the couch, lemme know if you need anything."

"no you can sleep up here too, if you want. i don't mind," he gave a cute little smile.

cooper contemplated whether or not he should for a minute before giving in, "alright, you've convinced me. you are worthy of my presence."

travis giggled at the blonde boy's response and rolled over, the pain beginning to numb down thanks to the medicine he took. cooper hopped into bed with him and shut off all the lights, "gnight trav."

"good night, coopie."

travis

it was now 10:45 and travis couldn't seem to fall asleep. sure, cooper's bed was really comfortable but his mind just kept wandering off to 'not-sleep land.'

"coopie?" travis didn't want to scare the other boy if he was still awake, and he also didn't wanna wake the other boy if he was sleeping.

he felt a shake come from next to him, "holy shit travis i thought you were sleeping. what's up?"

"oh i'm sorry, did i wake you up?" travis rolled over to face the blonde boy, who just shook his head.

"alrighty, can we watch a movie?" travis sat up excitedly, kicking his feet like a child.

"sure, what do you wanna watch?" cooper sat up as well, turning on his tv.

"a horror movie."

"hell yeah trav, any suggestions?"

"whatever you want."

cooper went to hulu and searched 'the conjuring,' putting on the first movie once it popped up on screen.

the boys watched in silence, travis jumping whenever something remotely scary happened. he unconsciously grabbed cooper's hand the next time he got scared.

he only realized they were holding hands when cooper intertwined his fingers with travis'. instead of letting go, travis squeezed cooper's hand tightly, causing both of the boys to blush.

they both continued watching in silence, neither one wanting to let go of the others' hand.

both

i never wanna let go.

travis

travis felt safe when he was with cooper but he wondered what would happen with cam and eric once they were back in school on monday. would cooper do anything, or would the other two do it again? he ignored those thoughts and sighed contently, looking at cooper's beautiful side profile. cooper was here now, travis was here now. everything would be okay.

cooper

cooper looked away from the movie when he heard travis sigh, not sure if it was a happy or distressed noise. he determined it was definitely happy when he caught travis quickly look away from him, smiling like the little cutie he was.

i might actually have a chance with him.

there's a little bit of fluff for y'all, lmao. also: wow i never thought i'd hit 1k reads on this story. thanks everyone who's reading, i really appreciate it. make sure you vote if you liked the chapter and leave a comment if you'd like. i love you all and make sure you give sam a kiss. mwah.