chapter ten

cooper

cooper woke up on monday with a goal. a set goal that no one was gonna get in the way of. he got a shower and brushed his teeth. he wandered into his room with a towel around his waist and opened his closet, picking out an orange shirt and some black pants, of course pairing his orange bucket hat with it.

he walked downstairs and grabbed a clif bar, and grabbed his bag and skateboard, heading out the door. putting his board down and getting on it, he pushed himself forward towards his school. he ate his cliff bar as he rode, and shoved the wrapper into his bag once he was done with it.

cooper arrived at the school, and grabbed his shit, going to his first period class. he sat in his seat and checked his phone for the time.

will class please just start already?

cooper was lost in thought when he felt a warm hand on his shoulder, causing him to jump. a small giggle was released from the other person, immediately letting cooper know who it was.

he looked over at travis, "holy shit trav, don't scare me like that."

the smaller boy looked extremely proud of himself and what he had done. he sat down in his seat next to cooper and moved his desk closer to the blonde's, while cooper moved his desk closer to the brunette's. this is how they always sat, always next to each other.

the bell rang and the teacher came in and began her chemistry lesson. half way through the class, noah turned around and began to talk with cooper and travis. they talked about random things, how their weekend was, gaming, shit like that. once the bell rang, the two boys said bye to noah and headed off to math.

math was the same old, cooper didn't know what he was doing and neither did mason, so travis stopped what he was doing to help the other two.

"travis you're like really good at math," mason complimented in his thick australian accent.

travis smiled brightly, "thanks," he chuckled, "i suck at history though. just a little trade off." cooper smiled to himself and rested his hand on travis' knee underneath the desk, just for the contact he wanted from the boy. it wasn't awkward for either of them.

cooper put his hand back on top of the desk and went back to writing his notes for the class. the three kept talking quietly as they did their work, and as long as they were working, mr check didn't really care.

soon the bell rang and cooper was one period closer to doing what he needed to do.

travis

travis had tried his best not to blush when cooper put his hand on the smaller boy's knee. he knew it was just a friendly thing but it still sent butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

travis snapped back to reality (oh there goes gravity) when the bell rang, signaling that it was time for cooper and him to part ways. he said bye to the boy and headed to spanish.

oh how he dreaded spanish.

he walked into the room only to find cameron already glaring at him. he made his way over to his desk and sat down, not so much as even looking at the boy sat beside him. he wanted to just shrink into a shell and never return.

the class wasn't that bad, he just kind of ignored cameron whenever the new zealander tried to talk to him. he was looking forward to band and study hall, he knew schlatt was nice and so was nico. a boy named wilbur was in his band class, but he played the flute so he wasn't placed near travis with the rest of the brass instruments. (sorry if my analogy is ass lmao, im not in band).

the bell rang and it was off to band. travis got up and began to walk when he tripped.

josh

josh got up when the bell rang, he was ready for school to be over already.

he watched the pretty boy with the curly brown hair stand up and walk towards the door. his chocolate brown curls bounced as he moved, and it was the cutest thing josh had ever seen.

but he saw the new zealander's food a second too late.

"TR-"

oh god.

he rushed over to travis and helped him pick his things up, setting them on the closest desk and organizing them as best as he could. the boy looked embarrassed that he had fallen.

"thanks for the help, josh," he smiled nervously, "you don't have to if you don't want to though, i don't want you to be late."

josh smiled internally at the boy's consideration, "no it's okay, travis," he held his hand out for travis to take, helping him stand back up. he let go of travis' hand and looked around the room for cameron, who it seemed had already left. "so what do you have next?"

"i have band, what about you?"

"literature," he sighed. he hated literature.

travis giggled, "cmon. literature isn't that bad."

"yes it is! it's so boring! also, do you want me to walk you to class?"

the boy smiled which in turn made josh smile, "sure."

the two picked up their things and josh walked next to travis towards the band room. they made small talk, nothing too much, not something they'd have to wait until later to finish. it was a nice walk, josh was kind of into the smaller boy. he was sweet, kind, caring, and was overall easy to like and get along with.

they reached the band room and travis headed in after saying a quick "see ya" to josh. josh's cheeks turned pink at the thought of the boy smiling, and he walked back the other way, to where the english room was.

cooper

third, fourth, and fifth period had gone by pretty quickly, and now it was time for cooper to do what he needed to do. he headed towards the lunch room, where him and his friends all had lunch together.

get fucked.

oop. i wonder what's gonna happen with cooper. just wanted to say thanks for reading and i love you all! make sure to vote if you liked the chapter and leave a comment if you want:) make sure you say good morning to sam! mwah<3
1000+ words