chapter three

cooper

the older boy looked at travis in shock. he's not even known the kid for a day and he's already being called "coop." it's not that he minded it, it's just that the boy seemed to be very comfortable with him already, and that was odd. it wasn't because he was on the football team, because he was talking to cooper before he told the boy that he was on the team. it wasn't because he wanted popularity, because he would barely talk to anyone else. he wondered why the boy seemed to like him so much. travis looked at him, confused for a second, before realizing what he had said.

his eyes widened, "i'm sorry cooper!"

he put his hand on the boy's shoulder reassuringly, "no it's okay trav, just not many people call me that."

the smaller boy gave cooper a smile.

shit i said trav again. stop it cooper, that's weird.

"alright let's get lunch," cooper dragged travis over to the lunch line to get their food. after they got their food they sat down and cooper began introducing everyone to travis. "travis this is cameron, cameron this is travis," cooper gave travis a confused look when he glared at cameron.

travis

"oh shit you're friends with cooper," cameron said in his pretty new zealand accent.

"yeah dipshit," travis looked over at cooper, "we met during spanish. he stole my paper and copied my work."

"sorry, travis," cameron looked down at his food.

cooper began to go through introductions once again. he met carson, a tall boy with blonde hair. he also met ted, an even taller boy with brown hair, a cute smile, and round glasses. cooper introduced him to ted's girlfriend, madi, and travis smiled at her. she looked like she was perfect for ted. "nice to meet you, madi," travis held his hand out excitedly for her to shake.

"nice to meet you too, travis," she smiled and shook travis' hand.

he was also introduced to craig, john, jaren, charlie, eric, connor, and joko. somehow they all had lunch together and everyone was insane. lunch went by pretty quickly and so did the rest of the day.

travis walked back to his locker, trying to remember his combination. cooper walked up behind him and used the other boy's shoulder as an arm rest. travis jumped and looked behind him to see who touched him. "oh my gosh cooper, you scared me," he laughed.

cooper smiled.

that cute ass smile.

no travis you barely know him.

but he's perfect. he's pretty smart when he tries, he has a great personality, he's sweet, and he's athletic.

travis was snapped back to reality when cooper waved his hand in front of the boy's face, "travis you good dude?"

"yeah im good," travis smiled and continued to pile needed work and books into his backpack. he slammed his locker and turned to face cooper, who was beginning to walk towards the detention room. travis whined, "ughh i forgot about detention."

"it's okay. teacher leaves about 30 minutes through," cooper examined travis. "have you never been to detention before?" travis shook his head. "oh okay. it's not that bad."

cooper

the boys reached the room and cooper took the seat next to travis. the teacher arrived and took his seat at the teacher desk in the front of the room. he took out a book and began to read, not taking phones or even talking before hand. travis took out his sketchbook and poked cooper in the shoulder. he motioned for the blonde boy to turn so he was facing travis. he flipped to a clean page and first sketched the boy's body and head shape. then he began to add detail and make it more realistic and human like. cooper looked down at travis' drawing from the position he sat in. "trav that's really good," cooper smiled as travis pulled out his colored pencils.

travis took off the lid to his prismacolor pencils, "you can move if you want now, thanks." he began to color his cooper drawing in, blending colors together to match both his skin and his clothes. cooper took a dark grey and a white colored pencil and blended them on a random piece of paper he had. once he got a shade he liked, he handed them to travis and pointed at the space where an outline of his shirt laid. the boy nodded and took them, laying them to the side of his sketchbook.

by the time travis was done coloring his portrait, the teacher had left. "do you want this, coop?" he questioned as he signed his name just outside of cooper's shirt.

"no, you keep it. also we can go now, teacher left."

travis looked up and he laughed nervously, "sorry for keeping you here longer than needed, let's go."

cooper got up and started to collect his things and travis did as well. as they were walking out, some kid gave cooper a look that said "why are you leaving already?" but cooper ignored it as he and travis left the room.

"i gotta run to my locker again coop," travis sped up, "i forgot my math book. meet me there?"

"gotchu. i gotta go to mine also."

travis

travis jumped when he heard a small "boo" come from behind him. he turned around to see a smirking cooper. "oh my gosh cooper you scared me, again. you're gonna kill me!" he pretended to have a heart attack by putting his hand over his heart and sticking his tongue out.

cooper laughed and started to walk towards the exit. travis needed to jog to catch up to him, and threw his backpack over his shoulder once he reached cooper.

"trav?"

"yeah, coop?"

"do you know how to skate?"

travis laughed nervously, "no, do you?"

"hell yeah dude. i can teach you!" he smiled and grabbed his board once they got outside. "you wanna come to my house?"

"sure, lemme call my mom real quick. stay quiet," travis pulled out his phone and clicked on his mom's contact. he pressed the call button and held the phone up to his ear. his mom picked up on the third ring.

"hi honey, how was your first day?"

"hey mama, and it was really good. i met a bunch of really cool people. say hi to cooper," he held the phone up to cooper'a ear.

"hi ms locke. your son's really nice," cooper looked at travis and travis blushed and smiled at him.

"hi baby, thank you. have a good rest of your night."

"you too," cooper replied and travis put the phone back up to his ear.

"he was asking if i could come to his house tonight for a bit, is that alright?"

"yeah baby, that's fine, lemme know when you're on your way home. love you."

"love you mom," travis hung up and the boys started their walk to cooper's house.

cooper

he's so angelic and cute. he called his mom 'mama'

shut up cooper you're straight.

then why do i keep thinking like this?

another chapter done:) lemme know what you think. thanks for reading and i love you all. mwah.
1200+ words