Chapter 24 - Touchdown

Chapter 24 – Touchdown

We touched down in London after the longest flight in history; well it seemed that way anyway. It was now ten at night and all I wanted to do was get in bed with a cup of tea and lean on my pillow (Nathan, as I had grown to love falling asleep next to him), but of course there were fans waiting at the airport to meet the boys. Not that I had anything against them, I mean it was dedication waiting in a busy airport this late at night, I just hoped we didn’t have to stay too long. I spotted at Starbucks and told Nath were I was going while they met all the fans, the rest of the girls headed for McDonalds but I didn’t really feel like eating at that moment.

I watched them all huddle together, signing pieces of paper and posing for photos while I sat there sipping my latte. Even though I loved being in America and Australia, there was something about being back in the UK that felt so good, I guess it would be even better when we went home to Gloucester tomorrow.  The boys had a week off after touring all around the world to go home for a week, I was really looking forward to seeing my parents again and living the old country life once again.

‘Just landed in London, can’t wait to see you tomorrow. Mxx’ I sent a quick text to my mum so she knew we had landed safely, there was always that worry I guess that something would go wrong. It took a good fifteen minutes until Nathan came and got me, I was so glad I had some caffeine otherwise I would no doubt be falling asleep. “Let’s get back to the flat” Nathan said referring to his London flat, I nodded and took his hand as we waved goodbye to the fans and made our way to the van where the others were.

Half an hour later and Big Kev has dropped me and Nath off first since his apartment was the closest, I thanked the boys for having me and promised I would buy them dinner or something next time I saw them to say thank you for putting up with me. The girls and I all hugged and made plans to arrange to go shopping or something soon, I made sure I had Emma’s number too so I could text her since we got on really well. “Kettle on!” I shouted to Nathan and he laughed before I jumped on his back and he gave me a piggy back ride to the kitchen.

Nathan made the tea while I made us each an omelette since it was one of the easiest and quickest things to make. Once we’d finished eating we shoved everything in the sink too tired to do it now, and slowly made our way up Nathan’s room. I couldn’t be bothered to root through my case to find some pyjamas so Nathan leant me one of his shirts, it fit me more like a short dress but I didn’t care – Nathan seemed to like to anyway.

“Thank you for taking me with you; I can’t describe how amazing it was. Not only did I see places and do things I never thought I’d be able to, I got you” I was leaning on his bare chest, the only clothing he had on were his boxers. “You always had me” he said, his thumb circling my back, I couldn’t help but smile back at that – what girl wouldn’t? “Even though I may not have realized it, you always had me too” I said before I felt the full force of the jetlag kick in and my eyes became too heavy to keep open.

The amazing smell of bacon greeted me when I woke up, I rolled over to find the reason for the coldness; Nathan wasn’t there.  I threw on a jumper that sat on a seat and followed the smell to the kitchen that of course, led me to Nath. “Morning Sid” I said wrapping my arms around his torso as he cooked something over the stove. “Morning beautiful, I made you an English breakfast to celebrate being back on home ground” my stomach almost rumbled at the thought of it. You couldn’t beat an English breakfast, not after being away for so long anyway.

Two cups of tea were placed at the table so I took my seat where my cup sat, this was rather nice of Nathan to say he usually couldn’t cook to save his life, hopefully it tasted as good as it smelled.

Lucky for Nath it tasted amazing, I don’t know whether it was because he actually did everything right, or because I hadn’t had eaten a breakfast like this in a while, but either way it tasted very nice. As we ate we talked about the tour and how much of an amazing experience was, we also talked about going back to Gloucester – I was so excited at the thought of seeing everyone later! “I have a surprize for you when we get back” Nathan said smugly, he seemed to be very smug recently and I didn’t know if it was a good or a bad thing.

“Well I can’t wait to find out what it is” I smiled, for some reason even though he smiled I could tell he was slightly nervous. Was it because we were going back home? I honestly don’t know.

We were due to go back at three on the train and since it had just gone past half eleven we had around two hours before we would have to leave to get to the train station. We spent that time having a bit of fun before showering and eating (again – I blame the bad plane food) before dragging our suitcases into a waiting taxi. Speaking of taxi’s it always reminded me of me of the challenge Nathan (or should I say Nat-han) had to do on Celebrity Juice a while ago, it was one of the funniest things I had witnessed. Ever. I think Nathan must have known what I was thinking about because he chuckled slightly.

You know how whenever you’re in a taxi and they have it on a radio station, yes? Well you’d have never guessed which band came on. The Wanted, I laughed as Nathan sang along to his part, the driver laughed though I wasn’t so sure if he knew it was Nathan that sang it in real life. “You like this?” he asked and I nodded before he turned it up, this only made Nathan sing louder. It wasn’t a bad thing though, in-fact I rather enjoyed the experience. “You’re pretty good” the driver said which only made me laugh harder, if only he knew.

By the time we reached the train station we had learnt that the driver was called Billy and he’d been doing his job for over twenty years, he was really nice and I felt like it sort of rounded off the whole experience. Now it was time to head back to where it all started; where I first met Nath, where we had so many amazing memories, and where he’d ask me to join him on one of the most amazing experiences I’d ever been on, and hopefully there would be plenty more. We were going home.

A/N – Hope you guys liked it! REMINDER! One chapter left, update will be Sunday!! Ahh, it’s getting nearer! Comment, vote, fan and the final part will be up at the weekend! S x