Chapter 14 - McDonalds and Duvet Covers

Chapter 14 – McDonalds and Duvet Covers

The next day started with Jay getting his own back on Nathan for last night, I wasn’t surprized either. I was happily deep in sleep when a sudden loud thud woke me up, as I tried to figure out what it was Nathan’s complaint and Jay’s laughter gave me an explanation.  I pulled my curtain open to see Max, Siva and Tom all sticking their heads out of their bunks to see what was going on too, Siva had obviously filmed it as he had a camera in his hand.

Even though I was still pretty tired I knew I wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep, not while the others are up and it seems in a pranking mood too. I put on the jacket at the end of the bunk and climbed down; the others were starting to get changed so I scampered out of there as quickly as I could before I saw anything I didn’t want to see.

I shoved some toast in the toaster and got the jar of marmite out, I know you either loved it or hated it and I seemed to love it for some strange reason. Martin had told the boys that the girls were coming just before there show here tonight so I could tell they were all excited, it would be nice having some girl company too. I knew that they weren’t staying in the tour bus because there wasn’t enough room so they were travelling with us during the day and sleeping in hotels near us at night.

“Hey” I said when Nathan walked into the kitchen already dressed.

“Hi” he mumbled obviously still miffed about getting pulled out of bed when he was still asleep. He normally stayed annoyed for a couple of hours before something distracted him and he went back to normal, one of the good things about him was he could never stay angry for long.

True to my thoughts an hour later a monkey documentary happened to be playing on TV as we waited for the boys to finish their breakfast and a smile grew on his face as he watched them swing from tree to tree, it was funny to watch him mesmerised by them.

“Look how fast they swing from the trees though” He said, I was trying to hold back a fit of giggles but failed miserably, the sound caused him to turn away from the screen and face me.

“You know your fans are going to be utterly disappointed you’re not getting this excited about sloths” He laughed and rolled his eyes.

“Well no one’s perfect” he grinned, I laughed at his expression.

“Hey up” Max said walking in; he looked at the TV and sat down. The glasses you didn’t often see him wear framed his face.

“Here in the calm amazon rainforest a howler monkey sits cleaning his mate, unaware he was being watched by the most danger predator, a large sloth” Max said in his David Attenborough impression, I laughed as it really did sound like him and Nathan scowled at the sloth comment.

“Mate that’s uncalled for” Nathan complained, it was fun seeing him get annoyed by the sloth comment.

“You’re just going bananas” Max said standing up and picking the bananas off the kitchen table, he was going off on one of his dad joke days.

“Is everyone up?” Martin asked walking in; he saw us and nodded before walking to where the bunks were.

“I’m in the bathroom” Siva shouted obviously busy styling his hair.

“Alright before we leave the bus you all need to change your bed sheets. The spare sheets are in this cupboard” he pointed to where they were, everyone else moaned; I had to say it wasn’t the best job in the world.

“Why can’t we just make them?” Tom asked

“Because those sheets have been on for as long as I can remember, now get changing” after figuring no-one was getting away with it we all went to our separate bunks.